Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How crime free / ridden is the area that you live in?

Gives me lots of number which I could get paranoid about. Without knowing trends over a period I have no idea whether the information conveys good or bad news.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
1078 incidents of crime were reported within half a mile of this location in October.

Bloody hell, that makes it sound like the wild west! Truth is, it's actually pretty peacefull around my place, but the half mile includes west street.

Last edited:

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
125 incidents Croham, Croydon. Surprises me a little because there doesnt appear to be any crime in the area I live in.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
1716 for me. About a third of those are anti-social behaviour things and i put that down to the druggy art students who party all night long on my nearby high street, punching through windows on a mildly hallucinogenic trip home. I also see they have listed over 400 otter thefts. Luckily for me, my otter, Derrick, remains safe in my trout-filled bottom of the garden lake. We've taught him how to whistle identically to my alarm clock, so that if he's threatened in the night, he'll wake me, i'll press the red button neath my mattress, and outcome my brown bear, Sidcup, to do justice on any attempted assailant.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
267 within half a mile, the majority of which occurred in the naff area of London Road.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
7 within 1/2 mile and 73 within a mile -includes Bognor Town centre (and probably why I avoid it)

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
And they say it's bad in London!?!? 561 in a half mile radius here between Regents Park/Camden/Euston.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
221 within half a mile, 908 in a mile radius (which extends to part of Sheffield city center).

To be fair, I know it's a lot lot higher than that in reality, lots of students being mugged at knife point recently. Unfortunately we have two nice parks (one either side of the road) on the walk back from the main block of University buildings, lovely in summer, but in winter heard a number of people being surrounded by 2/3 males coming out of dark alleyways and the like.
Police have been so poor trying to solve it most people don't even bother reporting it anymore.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
90 within half a mile (Fiveways). Interesting that all apart from two of them lie in a southerly or easterly direction. So good for reinforcing stereotypes (talking of which, the half mile radius number for Selhurst Park is 221, so not as bad as London Road or West St apparently).

It's not really clear how we are supposed to use this information in any meaningful way

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
159 within half a mile Hartington Road not too bad.

869 within one mile of Brighton city centre most of that will be London nightime idiots on West Street.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
94 in half a mile in october. Bevendean backs onto Moulsecoomb, so that's probably why. Although I've been living in this area for 5 years and I have only witnessed a few things deemed 'Anti-social' and that was rowdy students coming home..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here