Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How crime free / ridden is the area that you live in?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
One incident within half a mile, four incidents within one mile, and I live in a village with EIGHT pubs!

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I've moved a couple of times in the last 18 months around Haywards Heath and the crime rate is low although the town is boring. :)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Bear in mind that recorded crime tends to also include things like people being ripped off by scam emails, schoolkids sending each other nasty text messages, and "She called me a slag on Facebook" type offences.

So it doesn't always mean it's the Wold West where you are...

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
During term time I live opposite a drugs den, so less said about that the better.

In the holidays, I live in an area with 17 reported offences in a half-mile radius.

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
2 within half mile and 4 with a mile radius, 1 burglary, 1 arson , 1 vehicle crime , 1 violent crime

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I entered first m postcode and the message came up sorry couldn't find police authority that dealt with your area so entered Haywards Heath and the same message appeared. My biggest concern is the 'yobs' breaking into the sheds on our allotment site.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Willingdon, Eastbourne

38 within 1/2 a mile - 151 within a mile - Anti-social behaviour is the top one, no surprise as i live in a dodgy area !!

Bad, but surprisingly low for this topic !!!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Nice and safe here only 4 or 3 had outcomes.

Image22.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I live in crime central according to that! 210 reported incidents within 1 mile of my postcode...25 incidents of arson? 70 antisocial behaviour? 20vehicle crimes? Robbery? Bloody hell. Then I dig a little more and most of it goes on in Leigh Broadway outside all the pubs and in the surrounds.

I'm still going to sleep with my rifle though. Thanks for nothing police!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I live in crime central according to that! 210 reported incidents within 1 mile of my postcode...25 incidents of arson? 70 antisocial behaviour? 20vehicle crimes? Robbery? Bloody hell. Then I dig a little more and most of it goes on in Leigh Broadway outside all the pubs and in the surrounds.

I'm still going to sleep with my rifle though. Thanks for nothing police!

In the past, some areas have had their stats skewed as they were close to the local police station that took them. I seem to remember some residents in Lewes were outraged when they thought their property prices would be affected. Their area became classed as a high risk area when in fact very little crime was getting committed there.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Willingdon, Eastbourne

38 within 1/2 a mile - 151 within a mile - Anti-social behaviour is the top one, no surprise as i live in a dodgy area !!

Bad, but surprisingly low for this topic !!!

Roselands, Eastbourne. 60 at half a mile. Would be a lot less but seaside road is just under half a mile away!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
90 within half a mile (Fiveways). Interesting that all apart from two of them lie in a southerly or easterly direction. So good for reinforcing stereotypes (talking of which, the half mile radius number for Selhurst Park is 221, so not as bad as London Road or West St apparently).

It's not really clear how we are supposed to use this information in any meaningful way

Try Thornton Heath!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
102 West Hove. Mostly shoplifting in Boundary Road and the odd drug bust.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
1 reported crime within a mile and that was opposite where I live and that was anti-social behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here