Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How confident are you that we'll sign a QUALITY striker before the window closes

How confident are you that we'll sign a QUALITY striker before the window closes

• Total voters

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Is this a joke or do you really think mid table of the Premier League represents mediocrity for the team that many of us have spent most of our lives supporting in the lower divisions?

It was tongue in cheek.

I remember talking to a couple of Stoke fans when we played them at the Amex.

They talked about the difference between being promoted to and staying in the premier league.
They were pretty bored of life in the top flight, mainly because they had finished in midtable for the best part of a decade.
I dare say they would swap back if they could.

I will happily settle for decades of midtable mediocrity, if it secures our clubs future.
If we have to spunk money we don't have, on players who are just here for the money, I would rather we struggled every season, and yes, eventually get relegated.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
16 days to get the striker or the club have to put away all their non football league dossiers and concentrate on Championship players.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It was tongue in cheek.

I remember talking to a couple of Stoke fans when we played them at the Amex.

They talked about the difference between being promoted to and staying in the premier league.
They were pretty bored of life in the top flight, mainly because they had finished in midtable for the best part of a decade.
I dare say they would swap back if they could.

I will happily settle for decades of midtable mediocrity, if it secures our clubs future.
If we have to spunk money we don't have, on players who are just here for the money, I would rather we struggled every season, and yes, eventually get relegated.

Absolutely, if you spend too much then sink like a stone as opposed to sensible spend and be a bouncing club, which gives alternate seasons of delight and desolation!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I see the Argus is now referencing our desire for a striker in this mornings paper :

[B]"The head coach is aware of clamour for the club to sign a striker.

But he has offered the clearest message yet that unique financial circumstances this summer make that a big challenge
"[/B]

Make of it what you will, but I'd be surprised if we splash anything on a transfer fee and try to bring somebody in on loan instead.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I see the Argus is now referencing our desire for a striker in this mornings paper :

But he has offered the clearest message yet that unique financial circumstances this summer make that a big challenge
"[/B]

Make of it what you will, but I'd be surprised if we splash anything on a transfer fee and try to bring somebody in on loan instead.
It'll either be a loan or a £5million 30 year old ( shame Sebastian Andersson has already been snapped up ).

This is me

Sep 15, 2013
ZERO ..... & this year we will be RELEGATED.

TRULY awful from the club in STARTING the SEASON with only Maupaay & Connolly.

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sadly that Argus article makes it look like Albion are going with what they already have .

The fact that they are reporting we’re not in the mix for Origi or Brewster is very disappointing.

I’m not sure whether we are eyeing up anyone?

mike1901

May 12, 2017
The fact that they are reporting we’re not in the mix for Origi or Brewster is very disappointing.

I’m not sure whether we are eyeing up anyone?
Well if we don’t get another striker the potential losses from relegation will make the losses this year look minuscule.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sadly that Argus article makes it look like Albion are going with what they already have .

I wish we had an owner who could play poker and pull off a bluff :wink:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I wish we had an owner who could play poker and pull off a bluff :wink:

Yesterday papers we are looking....today we are looking for right person/ player nothing has changed... as window moves into last week things always change as players become available. Domino affect will take place. Club are just saying we won’t go mad etc etc...however AN has consistently said ST and LB are priorities...

I also believe a couple of PL games in with poor scoring outcomes will highlight the concerns further. Also I’ve never ever known club since TB in charge say we are looking at certain players or positions. I remember blatant denials over players and then day or so later signed...

Lots can and will happen in coming week or two.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

"[/B]

Wonder what 'he has offered the clearest message yet' means?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
But surely that would mean patiently holding out for the best deal. Who wants that?

Rest assured if I were in charge we’d have completed our transfer business before the season started. I’m impatient me and pretty damn skint in comparison to TB sadly.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
ZERO ..... & this year we will be RELEGATED.

TRULY awful from the club in STARTING the SEASON with only Maupaay & Connolly.

VERY VERY DISAPPOINTING

You may be right, I don’t know.. but should at least wait until the window closes before getting the pitchforks out.

I think we need a striker too, but I’m willing to put my neck on the line, I don’t think we’ll go down either way.

I still think we’ll get one or 2 more players in by deadline.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here