Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How come you cant say the c u next tuesday word?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I didnt even say that did I.

Oh no the admin police are here I was asking a normal question

If you honestly think that is a normal question, you have some big issues to deal with.

Like Bozza has said above, just about everything you are posting is to try and provoke a reaction and basically kick things off, continue in this vain and I WILL stop you from posting, it is up to you!

Sep 1, 2011
If you honestly think that is a normal question, you have some big issues to deal with.

Like Bozza has said above, just about everything you are posting is to try and provoke a reaction and basically kick things off, continue in this vain and I WILL stop you from posting, it is up to you!

Mate your trying to provoke me into kicking off but i shall rise above this torment.

On another note I havent done anything wrong here your just trying to single me out so dont bother with the I will stop you posting bollocks as I was just asking a question as to why you can see every other word except one....

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think that using it during a conversation with your mates is OK, eg the ref was c tonight. I don't use it in front of women and I don't type it on here or anywhere else as it may cause offence. It's a respect thing. Words are just words to me, but others feel different, so just deal with it.

Oct 6, 2010
Genuine question imo, with still no good answer! It's only offensive because we are told it is. If somebody called you one in a language you didn't understand, you wouldn't be offended. Presumeably!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Genuine question imo, with still no good answer! It's only offensive because we are told it is. If somebody called you one in a language you didn't understand, you wouldn't be offended. Presumeably!

It's the same as almost any other 'rule' (and I use the term very loosely - we have few) on NSC - it's because I say so. It's as simple as that.

Even with so few rules, I appreciate NSC is not for everyone, so encourage all users to find a site that is more suitable to their needs if required.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
It is without doubt the most offensive word in the English language, to any sensible right minded person...regardless of gender

disagree

i think racist words such as n***** carry much greater historical significance and general repulsion concerning their use.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing

can't comment on whether this poster is trying to incite....

but it seems a genuine question on a football forum - where the word is used very regularly on the terraces

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
The only time I get offended is when somebody puts "old" before it....

There seems to be a lot of preciousness on here today, no?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
disagree

i think racist words such as n***** carry much greater historical significance and general repulsion concerning their use.

I was excluding specific words which are directed at race,sexuality or disability etc. but as a general insult it is the venom behind the word that makes it so offensive across all society

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
It is without doubt the most offensive word in the English language, to any sensible right minded person...regardless of gender

As mentioned by Surrey_Albion earlier it's the Masculine/Aggressive nature of the word that makes it so offensive. I can't think of any single word that is more offensive when used as an insult.
Odd; I don't find any words offensive, so apparently I'm not sensible or right minded :shrug:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
can't comment on whether this poster is trying to incite....

but it seems a genuine question on a football forum - where the word is used very regularly on the terraces

Bozza has explained above as to why, but surely it is also quite obvious as to why the word has been excluded from normal spelling use on here, there are females and children alike who use this site, and I for one don't like reading the word on a public forum either.

Oct 6, 2010
It's the same as almost any other 'rule' (and I use the term very loosely - we have few) on NSC - it's because I say so. It's as simple as that.

Even with so few rules, I appreciate NSC is not for everyone, so encourage all users to find a site that is more suitable to their needs if required.

LOL because you say so, I very much accept this. I was more pondering as to why it is so seemingly offensive in the wider world. For the record I find it no more offensive than other swear words or insults. Why do you? Just out of interest like.....

Sep 1, 2011
You can say f***ing twat and that is still read by everyone but cant say f***ing ****. One rule for one, one for another guess thats f***ing life

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Bozza has explained above as to why, but surely it is also quite obvious as to why the word has been excluded from normal spelling use on here, there are females and children alike who use this site, and I for one don't like reading the word on a public forum either.

actually i think that's a weak reason.

in recent years there has been plenty of images and conversations that women may have found offensive, and children shouldn't of accessed.

whilst i'm not suggesting the word be allowed, it seems more the case that the reason it's not allowed, is simply because some of the admins don't like it. but the argument you're applying is certainly not consistent.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
You can say f***ing twat and that is still read by everyone but cant say f***ing ****. One rule for one, one for another guess thats f***ing life

just imagine yourself sat at the dinner table on a sunday with the mrs, kids , kids and in laws.......all of a sudden your 5 year old says " you're a f***ing kant dad"...does this help...?

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I must admit i swear but i dont really see the need to, i think its just the way things have gone, my mum is 65 and she hates me swearing so does my Nan whos 96 (not that i openly swear infront of them like if i drop something and go oh shit) but they have a go at me, i admit to them i swear more than i should, they really cant understand why. And thinking about it i cant either, why do we have to swear now i mean whats the point, it does not get our point out there any more quicker.

I find it a little pointless and will be telling my children the same. I have seen kids like 6 years old swearing in public its horrible

Sep 1, 2011
just imagine yourself sat at the dinner table on a sunday with the mrs, kids , kids and in laws.......all of a sudden your 5 year old says " you're a f***ing kant dad"...does this help...?

Yeah but im no saint at all but thats one thing i have never done at home is f*** around with the family about the said child should be dealt with accordingly, anyway thats complete different subject the subject is in the title...

Sep 1, 2011

Hold on a minute look at your signature, you love the word

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here