Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How close is this squad to being top 4?

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
That is figuratively one of the ways that languages evolve. (I'm starting a Ukraine-style counterattack for "figuratively" to retake some of the linguistic territory that "literally" has vacated. I don't have high hopes.)

It's just a bit unfortunate when a word comes to mean both its original definition and its exact opposite, because then it literally means nothing at all.
Wicked!

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Let's be reasonable (if possible).
We've had a cracking start - results-wise - under a new manager and with quite a few new players. We got the rub of the green, today...which makes a welcome change, but apart from the odd moments of flowing play, we don't look 'that' good...
...yet.
A work in progress and I can see us improving, but for the love of God, don't even think about top 4 - we won't be.
Finish high enough for Europe and we will have done a magnificent job.
Longer term, by all means aim for Champions League, but we're well off the pace for that, unless you think a great start is going to continue for the rest of the season.
If we finish (imo) 8th and above 'that lot', I'd be more than happy, this season.
To me, the most amazing thing is that I genuinely don't fear a relegation fight, these days....which is incredible.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
You could argue that Man United are way off, as are a few others. City, Arsenal and Liverpool will be top three, then after that who knows. If City get clobbered with a massive points reduction then maybe there’s 2 spots left for maybe 6 clubs, some of which are better than us, so maybe 5-1 shot we get top four, if City aren’t in the mix. UTA.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We've had a cracking start - results-wise - under a new manager and with quite a few new players. We got the rub of the green, today...which makes a welcome change, but apart from the odd moments of flowing play, we don't look 'that' good...
...yet.
A work in progress and I can see us improving, but for the love of God, don't even think about top 4 - we won't be.
Longer term, by all means aim for Champions League, but we're well off the pace for that, unless you think a great start is going to continue for the rest of the season.
If we finish (imo) 8th and above 'that lot', I'd be more than happy, this season.
To me, the most amazing thing is that I genuinely don't fear a relegation fight, these days....which is incredible.
Spot on . . . ✊🏽

The old Ford transit has grown into a proper coach (Hand built by Harrrington coachworks, Hove. Obvs!) We're comfortably cruising the highways of Ingurland.

We just need to continue the momentum sustainably . . . With the odd upgrade, as and when appropriate.

Spaffing your capital on multiple unused sets of wide wheels and flared wheel arches is not on the clubs radar thankfully. That's London wide boy territory.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Spot on . . . ✊🏽

The old Ford transit has grown into a proper coach (Hand built by Harrrington coachworks, Hove. Obvs!) We're comfortably cruising the highways of Ingurland.

We just need to continue the momentum sustainably . . . With the odd upgrade, as and when appropriate.

Spaffing your capital on multiple unused sets of wide wheels and flared wheel arches is not on the clubs radar thankfully. That's London wide boy territory.
'Go faster' stripes might be appropriate on occasion, but given the media fixation with Fab's age, we don't need a 'Baby on Board' sticker.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
...yet.
Considering utd are going to be in and around the top 4 to get a win against them is very pleasing. Now next week is going to be the real acid test if we can get anything out of arsenal I’d be thinking top 4 is achievable

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
Realistically, even after the win I think the European places, any of them, should be a stretch target. With top ten our actual target. Below that we have not met our full potential (like last year), but not a disaster. However I did not see today nearly as negative as some did. Yes we were exposed a couple of time but thought we were the better team over 90 min.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Considering utd are going to be in and around the top 4 to get a win against them is very pleasing. Now next week is going to be the real acid test if we can get anything out of arsenal I’d be thinking top 4 is achievable
Beat Arsenal 0 -3 and I still wouldn't agree, much as I would like to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here