Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How close is this squad to being top 4?

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The Big Six seems to have dissipated into The Big Three in recent seasons. We've just taken a point off Arsenal at their place. We've got a pretty decent success rate against Liverpool, and with the threat of a major points deduction hanging over Man City, it's entirely possible that there may be one or even two Top Four places up for grabs this season. Why not us?
I agree with this. Our signings are Top 4 signings, there is no reason to think it's not acheivable

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
I agree with this. Our signings are Top 4 signings, there is no reason to think it's not acheivable
I don’t think our signings are top 4 team signings at all. Top 4 teams buy well proven players over several seasons from top leagues. We are still buying potential from lower leagues or players with a season or so of pro football. Now they may all come good but It remains to be seen how many of them turn into top 4 level players.

aftershavedave

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I don’t think our signings are top 4 team signings at all. Top 4 teams buy well proven players over several seasons from top leagues. We are still buying potential from lower leagues or players with a season or so of pro football. Now they may all come good but It remains to be seen how many of them turn into top 4 level players.
That's a fair point, I'd class Ferdi, MOR, Rutter as better than that though, and Minteh maybe

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here