Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bloody long does Wilkins want to make up his mind?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
He'll do a Hinsh, accept the demotion and continue to draw his salary. Cos it's better than the dole.

Same as it ever was.

Christ. You have a low opinion of the club and its staff at times. I am amazed that you have stuck with us for so long.

Would you not get more enjoyment following Leon around Britain in his quest to reach the holy grail of non-league football?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Christ. You have a low opinion of the club and its staff at times. I am amazed that you have stuck with us for so long.

Would you not get more enjoyment following Leon around Britain in his quest to reach the holy grail of non-league football?

Blimey mate! What a CURIOUSLY strong reaction to an innocent post :shrug:

All I meant was, if you were a footballing man, would you either a) 'do a Hinsh' and stay in football or b) go on the dole.

There's a shitload of applications flood in for every job going in football.

If you ever get the chance at an Albion function, ask Dick Knight how he feels about his manager at any given time. Me or thee may well be agonising over whether any given manager will sign a new contract or whatever. Dick on the other hand, don't care. He's got a list of applicants as long as yer arm for the job, and most of them household names. Believe it.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:D Sorry, it was not meant to sound quite so aggressive.

I thought you were inferring that Hinsh et al are boys with a job for life rather than being deserving of their positions. I still have a sour taste in my mouth with the treatment of Dean and the Chairman's seemingly loose lips WAY before the dismissal/demotion (delete as appropriate) of Wilkins.

He had done a decent job transforming us from a team devoid of natural talent and confidence into a team that was tough to beat and finished top of the also-rans. Hey ho, I shall support Micky, but I fear this is a false dawn.

The final sentence of my primary response was meant to have a jester smiley, but I guess he got stage fright.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Ok, I appreciate that perhaps I was a little premature in my original thread.

However, it's been almost two weeks and we've heard SOD ALL.

What the hell is he playing at?

f*** off El-abd, f*** off Wilkins.

:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It is getting a bit ridiculous now to be honest.

Agreed.

Adams will be itching to get on with the job in hand, but the club are still in limbo over what Wilkins is intending to do. I dunno whether Dick has set any kind of deadline, but this can't be allowed to drag on into the summer. He's had a couple of weeks now. He'll know in his heart of hearts whether he wants to stay or not. If he does then great, lets get on with shaping things up for next season. If he doesn't then fine, thats understandable - get into Knights office, negotiate your severance, and close the door on your way out.

With a new guy in charge we need to hit the ground running for this pre-season and August, and Wilkins is holding that up at the moment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Perhaps the decision has already been taken? I am not sure they would be rushing to the papers or NSC to break the news. THere may be an embargo on the news until after contractual decisions are made etc.

Patience!

I would agree with El-Abd bit though. He has had plenty of time now. Originally it was focusing on the rest of the season, then getting fit for the Bristol game and now silence... Hurry up and sign!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
El Abd has been flannelling for months over this bloody contract, its got the stench of a Hammond all over it (except without the big payoff for the Albion at the end of it). I think if he wanted to stay he'd have signed already, but is poncing about waiting to see if anyone else is interested in him.

Adams will be waiting for him in customs at Gatwick thrusting that contract in his FACE and telling him to take it or leave it.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm more aggrieved and apprehensive that El-Abd hasn't signed yet tbh...

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Why? Do you really care if he goes?

I care more about him leaving than I do about Wilkins... At least El-Abd has some value towards the club, espicially if Elphick leaves.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I care more about him leaving than I do about Wilkins... At least El-Abd has some value towards the club, espicially if Elphick leaves.

Would imagine Hawkins is the replacement for Elphick. Not really sure where El-Abd fits in the side to be honest.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am baffled by what is holding DW here, if it is his son being a scholar then I will be amazed as the season before last (just finished) he was Sussex Sunday Youth League 2 and played against Junior which is not really a league standard.

I can't see his son making it having whitnessed a lad two doors away being rejected and played Lewes FC Youth last season.

Maybe it needs a clean sweep all round.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here