Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bloody long does Wilkins want to make up his mind?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
ur bein out of order ere m8
da bloke as had a big shock none of us new he was gonna bring in ma
deano had big plans 4 da club n they just got shattered
how wud u like it if dat happened 2 u pal workin in a job n it just got shattered like dat
u wouldnt
i wouldnt
i personally think hell b headhunted

in English please !

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
He has not been made redundant because if that was so we could not have employed MA to do the same job.

He has been sacked from his job as manager for incompetance, failing to doi the job properly or whatever. He has also been offered a completely new job, well this is how I view it.

No doubt he has gone away with his wife to recharge the batteries and discuss the new job and its implications for him and his family with her. Wouldnt most married men do the same if put in a similar position.

Well he has not be sacked, if he was sacked he would be out the door with a pay off. So the scenario we have is that essentially his role has been redefined and somebody has been brought in above him, so it is nearer to redundancy than sacking. Either way if he decides to go, the club will have to pay him off, hence this botched attempt at creating a new role for him.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
gold :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well he has not be sacked, if he was sacked he would be out the door with a pay off. So the scenario we have is that essentially his role has been redefined and somebody has been brought in above him, so it is nearer to redundancy than sacking. Either way if he decides to go, the club will have to pay him off, hence this botched attempt at creating a new role for him.

Surely he has been sacked as manager end of. MA is brought in as manager and Dean Wilkins has been offered a new job there will obviously be a settlement but nobody on here knows the terms of his contract it could well be that he has a 3 year contract that is renewable or renegotiatable every 12 or 6 months we do not know. It is not uncommon in football to havea rolling contract but not for a stipulated period in order to avoid large payouts or at least reduce the liability if a manager gets sacked.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Put yourself in Wilkins' shoes:

You've been manager of a decent League One team for 18+ months.
You've managed to finished 7th in your first full season.
You've been screwed over by a chairman who wants someone else to manage them.
You've proved you're a fantastic coach, with 5 of the starting 11 against Swansea coming from your time as Youth Coach.

I bet my life you wouldn't decide whether to accept the role as First Team Coach within a week of being sacked as manager.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Put yourself in Wilkins' shoes:

You've been manager of a decent League One team for 18+ months.
You've managed to finished 7th in your first full season.
You've been screwed over by a chairman who wants someone else to manage them.
You've proved you're a fantastic coach, with 5 of the starting 11 against Swansea coming from your time as Youth Coach.

I bet my life you wouldn't decide whether to accept the role as First Team Coach within a week of being sacked as manager.

Cant wait till we hear Wilkins side of the story

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Well, he's had a bit more time and still no decision - sort it OUT Dean!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I feel this is all a smokescreen,if Wilkins has not been sacked but offered a move within the club ,perhaps for more money,and he turns that offer down,then maybe that means his case for compensation is less clear.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Well, he's had a bit more time and still no decision - sort it OUT Dean!

Your dislike for the man is really rather puzzling. Personally, I would not be rushing into signing the contract. I am not sure who else would do the same? He is bound to have other options available if he doesn't feel it would work.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here