Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How bloody long does Wilkins want to make up his mind?

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
He's had almost a week now. 7 days. And he still hasn't agreed to stay at the club whos colours he alledgedly "bleeds" (well, according to some idiots who think that's reason alone for why he's superior to Adams!)

If he wants to stay, then why the hell hasn't he rung up Dick Knight/Micky Adams and bloody well told them so? It's quite simple really - does he want a job with his current employer or not? It shouldn't take a week. It shouldn't take a day if he really loves the club so much! We've all got over the shock - why hasn't he?

If he wants to go, then surely the opportunity is there to make a bit of cash out of Naylor, and SLATE the board? Or even just the more professional route of informing the club, who can then tell the fans? Instead, we've got this 'limbo' situation and without any real deadline by the sounds of things. Is it going to be Bertin all over? Is he going to wait and see what offers come in before making a verdict? If so, i'd just withdraw the coach offer now! He's not Ferguson, he's a mediocre League 1 manager at best. Holding the club to ransom just because he's been hard done by is pathetic.

Jesus - I thought we'd got past the stage where we have to go a goal down for him to have the balls to make a decision?!?!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
How can you slate someone for not keeping to a deadline that doesn't exist?

barney

Jul 31, 2006
He's had almost a week now. 7 days. And he still hasn't agreed to stay at the club whos colours he alledgedly "bleeds" (well, according to some idiots who think that's reason alone for why he's superior to Adams!)

If he wants to stay, then why the hell hasn't he rung up Dick Knight/Micky Adams and bloody well told them so? It's quite simple really - does he want a job with his current employer or not? It shouldn't take a week. It shouldn't take a day if he really loves the club so much! We've all got over the shock - why hasn't he?

If he wants to go, then surely the opportunity is there to make a bit of cash out of Naylor, and SLATE the board? Or even just the more professional route of informing the club, who can then tell the fans? Instead, we've got this 'limbo' situation and without any real deadline by the sounds of things. Is it going to be Bertin all over? Is he going to wait and see what offers come in before making a verdict? If so, i'd just withdraw the coach offer now! He's not Ferguson, he's a mediocre League 1 manager at best. Holding the club to ransom just because he's been hard done by is pathetic.

Jesus - I thought we'd got past the stage where we have to go a goal down for him to have the balls to make a decision?!?!

cheer up you pleb

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

I very much doubt he is holding the club to ransom. Part of me think they only did as a face-saving exercise and aren't overly bothered either way so they won't force the issue.

Unbelievable thread. Wilkins has just lost his job, he can take as long as he needs to weigh up his future career options. The last thing he needs to worry about is the impatience of some ungrateful brighton fans on a messageboard. Training doesn't start for another month at least so there is no hurry on the decision at all.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
How can you slate someone for not keeping to a deadline that doesn't exist?

Because if Dean Wilkins really 'loves' this club, then he won't need time to make a decision. He's been offered employment, but as per usual is fannying about before making a decision.

If he's just waiting to see what other offers he gets, then he's an even bigger knob I feel. He needs to do the bold thing; either sign a new deal in a new role or bugger off. It doesn't just effect him, there's the likes of White and Chapman to think of. Even if he is bitter against the board, there's no point dilly dallying as it'll achieve nothing other than piss off his (ex) colleagues.

What does he need to consider?
Do the fans want him? The majority, yes
Do the players want him? The majority, yes
Does Adams wants him? Apparently, yes.
Is he happy here? Well he has been for the past god knows how many years.

Dean - either sign the deal or go, now!:angry:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Unbelievable thread. Wilkins has just lost his job, he can take as long as he needs to weigh up his future career options. The last thing he needs to worry about is the impatience of some ungrateful brighton fans on a messageboard. Training doesn't start for another month at least so there is no hurry on the decision at all.

Other than the fact that it affects the budget (a fairly critical matter during the post/pre-season stage) as well as Adam's plans for the new season - does he need to bring in someone or not?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Who are you referring to here? Not the thread starter.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Why do you have to write all that crap? Why don't you just say "why hasn't Wilkins made his mind up yet"

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Other than the fact that it affects the budget (a fairly critical matter during the post/pre-season stage) as well as Adam's plans for the new season - does he need to bring in someone or not?

To be fair, it's amazing we are this organised, in past seasons the retained list hasn't been out till late May!

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Because if Dean Wilkins really 'loves' this club, then he won't need time to make a decision. He's been offered employment, but as per usual is fannying about before making a decision.

If he's just waiting to see what other offers he gets, then he's an even bigger knob I feel. He needs to do the bold thing; either sign a new deal in a new role or bugger off. It doesn't just effect him, there's the likes of White and Chapman to think of. Even if he is bitter against the board, there's no point dilly dallying as it'll achieve nothing other than piss off his (ex) colleagues.

What does he need to consider?
Do the fans want him? The majority, yes
Do the players want him? The majority, yes
Does Adams wants him? Apparently, yes.
Is he happy here? Well he has been for the past god knows how many years.

Dean - either sign the deal or go, now!:angry:

get a life. him going elsewhere would be life changing so clearly needs long consideration. decisions like this aren't made over night especially when there is no need for an immediate decision. idiot.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
On what grounds am I not a Brighton fan then, your highness?

It takes a certain amount of intelligence, wit, charisma and grace to be a Brighton fan. And it's something we all have, even the charmless Algae - somewhere down the line. You have to look hard, but he does have some.

You, on the other hand, appear to have just failed your NVQ Level 1 in window-licking.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
It takes a certain amount of intelligence, wit, charisma and grace to be a Brighton fan. And it's something we all have, even the charmless Algae - somewhere down the line. You have to look hard, but he does have some.

You, on the other hand, appear to have just failed your NVQ Level 1 in window-licking.

Still stalking me? I'm sure a play a huge part in your life,even when your away from the keyboard.Do you talk to your wife about me the last thing at night before you switch the light off and put down your Geoffrey Archer book :clap2:
Thanks for caring Allan

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
It takes a certain amount of intelligence, wit, charisma and grace - preferably in spades - to be a Brighton fan. And it's something we all have, even the charmless Algae - somewhere down the line. You have to look hard, but it is there.

What a load of old COCK.

It takes intelligence, wit and charisma to be an Albion fan? f*** me, you better tell that to some of the H block MONGS then!

Wit you say? WIT? Well i'll be damned, the pot really is calling the kettle back, from the biggest dullard with a BN postcode. Oh wait - i forgot! Putting 'fixtures' on a t-shirt - THAT's wit! Christ, i'd expect ACTUAL window lickers to wear that sort of thing. Personality has f*** ALL to do with being an Albion fan - hell Ian Huntley could be a fan if he wished!

Oh, and sticking with the 'window-licking thing'. If i've failed my NVQ1, then it's fair to say you've got a Fist Class Honours Degree in it, you absolute TOOL.
:tosser:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
What a load of old COCK.

It takes intelligence, wit and charisma to be an Albion fan? f*** me, you better tell that to some of the H block MONGS then!

Wit you say? WIT? Well i'll be damned, the pot really is calling the kettle back, from the biggest dullard with a BN postcode. Oh wait - i forgot! Putting 'fixtures' on a t-shirt - THAT's wit! Christ, i'd expect ACTUAL window lickers to wear that sort of thing. Personality has f*** ALL to do with being an Albion fan - hell Ian Huntley could be a fan if he wished!

Oh, and sticking with the 'window-licking thing'. If i've failed my NVQ1, then it's fair to say you've got a Fist Class Honours Degree in it, you absolute TOOL.
:tosser:

Absolutely classic come back. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here