Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How big is our catchment area?

seabass1

Aug 1, 2011
Horsham
Northwest Sussex Seagulls now have just shy of 350 members and run three coaches to each home game which are pretty full, so all good in the Northwest of the county !

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Be great if someone could do something like a Albion map of Sussex and beyond that we could all contribute to , a bit like the UK Snow Map with postcodes and marks out of ten for our Albion mojo.
http://uksnowmap.com/

Wouldn't it be easier for the club to produce a heat map? Would be interesting to compare STs and non STs. That might not be something the club would want public though..

Easiest way to judge it is; you're only a real fan if you live within 0.75 miles of The Goldstone. :angel:

i would say if you could have seen the pitch from your house tbh

Attachments

• scan0007.jpg
    scan0007.jpg
    598.2 KB · Views: 255

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Actually, Derby attendances have always been very impressive. Aside from Forest, who are just up the A52, how far are Derby's competition so to speak? We'll forget Burton Albion at this point!

We jolly well won't, I've scored on their pitch

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
Not sure why people cant support their local team? Too many bandwagoners from outside the city tbh! Local team for local people:hilton:

Er... because went to uni here, met me wife here, work here and most importantly cos me local team (after Wimbledon who I love) is you-know-who! ; )

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Where is the furthest stop for Seagull Travel? My son catches the coach at Worplesdon.
The club really need to target certain areas with free tickets for school children and reduced rates for their parents. Once kids are hooked they are fans for life.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
You'd be shocked by the number of people who get the train from Bexhill/Hastings to the Amex. A lot of fans down that way, including myself originally.

Yes, I too was surprised when I moved here, as to how many Albion fans there are. Obviously, being some 35 miles away, it is not as many as,say, Eastbourne, but a fair few nonetheless. Hastings and this area has its own A21 club for Albion fans.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
We must have one of the largest catchment areas in the country. It must be 500,000 if you include Eastbourne and Worthing. Brighton has a population of 280,000, plus all your places such as Adur,Lewes etc. How far do we stretch our area?

I recall reading that from Brighton to (and including) Worthing is around 500,000 and is the 11th largest conurbation in the country -not sure if England or the whole UK. Add Eastbourne, which is over 100,000, Mid Sussex which is another 100,000 plus say Seaford and Newhaven (50,000?) and within 15 miles from the Amex you have a population of 750,000. So it is no wonder that the Albion have such good support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here