Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How big is our catchment area?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
We must have one of the largest catchment areas in the country. It must be 500,000 if you include Eastbourne and Worthing. Brighton has a population of 280,000, plus all your places such as Adur,Lewes etc. How far do we stretch our area?

We are 14th largest conurbation which, although not in top flight, gives a fair indication as to why are ST sales are/were in that ballpark

KT17

Apr 19, 2014
I can't be the furthest away STH. We must have some London STH's who train it down. And I see a few BHA plates on the road on the M23 on matchday.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
And don't forget all the "exiles", a fair few of us from Hampshire and Dorset! Back in the day the invisible boundary used to be Chichester and Bognor, anything west of that would be Pompey territory.

I do agree though that the Albion are very much the county team, similar to Norwich for Norfolk and Ipswich for Suffolk. Can't think of any other county/club associations of any note.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Be great if someone could do something like a Albion map of Sussex and beyond that we could all contribute to , a bit like the UK Snow Map with postcodes and marks out of ten for our Albion mojo.
http://uksnowmap.com/

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
And don't forget all the "exiles", a fair few of us from Hampshire and Dorset! Back in the day the invisible boundary used to be Chichester and Bognor, anything west of that would be Pompey territory.

I do agree though that the Albion are very much the county team, similar to Norwich for Norfolk and Ipswich for Suffolk. Can't think of any other county/club associations of any note.

Carlisle in Cumbria, Leicester, Bournemouth in Dorset, Gillingham in Kent, dare I say Derby?? I'd say the list is quite long??

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
I can't be the furthest away STH. We must have some London STH's who train it down. And I see a few BHA plates on the road on the M23 on matchday.

You're not! :smile:

It would be interesting to know the breakdown of how many, and from where, season ticket holders there are outside of Sussex. A fair few I would guess.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
Carlisle in Cumbria, Leicester, Bournemouth in Dorset, Gillingham in Kent, dare I say Derby?? I'd say the list is quite long??

Actually, Derby attendances have always been very impressive. Aside from Forest, who are just up the A52, how far are Derby's competition so to speak? We'll forget Burton Albion at this point!

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Actually, Derby attendances have always been very impressive. Aside from Forest, who are just up the A52, how far are Derby's competition so to speak? We'll forget Burton Albion at this point!

Where to start! Top of my head within 50 miles we have Birmingham, Villa, Forest, Notts County, BURTON ALBION. Mansfield, Chesterfield, Sheff Wed, Sheff Utd, Stoke, Rotherham, Donny, Barnsley, Leicester,Wolves, Walsall, West Brom, Cov that's probably about it. TBH, Derby & Derbyshire have the obvious strong link, but it would take an odd person to claim that a resident of Buxton is more likely to support Derby than, let's say, Man U!!!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Cheap season tickets and many £10 tickets...still very impressive though :)
Their match day tickets are from £20 for adults as well as promotions.

Sussaxon

Mar 19, 2014
Sussex
Something along these lines?
Possibly gone a touch too far north.

View attachment 69493

Most certainly further North and East. An interesting statistic from an official club tweet from last season...
[Tweet]529018012339539968[/Tweet]

Yes, the 2nd most Season Ticket Holders came from Etchingham!!! Well, Burwash really, this was based on Post Towns, so includes any season ticket holder with a TN19 postcode. TN19 stretches to Hurst Green which I know quite a few season ticket holders live. A number also live as far as Flimwell too!

Also, the club held a Fans' Forum at Rye College back in 2013, which I believe was fairly well attended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here