Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House buying/selling

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
What's the current average accepted offer price relative to property listing price?

95%? More, less?

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I couldn't tell you, but I think looking at the market as a whole on this thing may be misleading.

It depends on so many variables that an average may not be appropriate.
Possibly look at individual agents. Some may value properties higher in order to get the business then try and get vendor to reduce price. Others are more reasonable.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
I read somewhere it's around 8%, but averages are pretty misleading in current conditions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I couldn't tell you, but I think looking at the market as a whole on this thing may be misleading.

It depends on so many variables that an average may not be appropriate.
Possibly look at individual agents. Some may value properties higher in order to get the business then try and get vendor to reduce price. Others are more reasonable.

Absolutely this.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
My partner's was up for a large amount, and the first offer she had, was 86% of the asking price :nono:

Mine's just gone on the market, and I'm hoping that the offer will be within 5% of the asking price. We'll see how it goes :cool:

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Mine was 98.5% last month but located within 500 metres of Brighton station, others on market I would have bid around 85-90%, so depends!

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
We looked into selling ours recently and the estate agent gave us a portfolio of figures which stated in Horsham the offer percentage nationally was 94% and in Horsham it was nearer 96%. Of course they could be made up by the fella in the estate agents but seemed fairly fair to me.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
We bought our first house last november for around 95% of the asking price but then negotiated in quite a few bits for them to pay for as well as leaving behind quite a lot of stuff! (I assume this is normal though)

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
My mum's flat was up at 280 sold 2 weeks later for 278. But then I know a house that was up at 330 and 3 months later has just had an offer of 280.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
You putting that has quickly made me work out what the perentage was of our first offer that we made...

83% :lolol:

Cheeky :smokin:

I think a lot depends on the person selling. If they need to move quickly, then cheeky offers have to be made :blush:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Cheeky :smokin:

I think a lot depends on the person selling. If they need to move quickly, then cheeky offers have to be made :blush:

Well it was near xmas and they had 4 teenagers in a 3 bedroom house so, as first time buyers (which they were desperate for as to not add to 'the chain') we thought we'd play on the vulnerability.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I couldn't tell you, but I think looking at the market as a whole on this thing IS misleading.
Fixed.

Agents don't choose the asking price, vendors do. Each will price differently, and each will have different needs when it comes to accepting an offer. You have to do your own research on property values, and what you will pay/accept.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You putting that has quickly made me work out what the perentage was of our first offer that we made...

83% :lolol:
Paid 86% for the property we're in, but that's because it was 2008 and prices were falling. Made a similar cut of the one we sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here