Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

House buying/selling

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Wow, that's good news.

Buying and selling houses in a big deal. The little amounts you argue over are lots of money, and you want to get it right.

Indeed. As a complete novice I was happy with what we paid in the end but would say we paid quite close to what the owners originally wanted realistically.

However after a year of work on it I'm REALLY curious to see if I've added any value to it. I don't actually want to know because if I find out i've added none it will disappoint me, when the real reason for the work was to improve my home for living and not to add value.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Indeed. As a complete novice I was happy with what we paid in the end but would say we paid quite close to what the owners originally wanted realistically.

However after a year of work on it I'm REALLY curious to see if I've added any value to it. I don't actually want to know because if I find out i've added none it will disappoint me, when the real reason for the work was to improve my home for living and not to add value.

Over the last 15-20 years many people paid over the odds for their properties and then sat back at dinner parties to gloat as the rising property market masked any errors they made by overpaying.

That will not be the case for many years. If you overpay today, the static or probable falling market will be a continual reminder that you did so. Be very cautious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here