Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hoskins signs

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
This is terrific news, what a way to start the weekend. Well done to Gus and Big Tony!

And reading the interview by Hoskins, one thing springs to mind which sums up the difference between him and Murray........attitude!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Great news not entirely unexpected but still season not finished yet and we are already signing people

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I confidently predict that Hoskins will TEAR THE SHIT out of the Championship as he firmly establishes himself as the fans' favourite Murray never was.

His interview on the cub site has me drooling already. EXACTLY the attitude we're looking for:

"As soon as I knew the club were interested I really did have my heart set on moving to Brighton... Gus sets his team up with a style which I believe is how football should be played. Seeing him and watching his career on the television makes him an inspirational man and I can't wait to play for him."

TOP work all involved. This is a PR TRIUMPH as well as a great signing and bold statement of intent

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
Seems you got him ahead of us. We had a bid accepted but he took up your offer.

Murray dosn't look like signing either.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Bobby Z, Ricky Lambert, Will Hoskins, they seem to have a habit of getting decent strikers in, then selling them on.

Lets hope Will emulates the former.

Nathan Ellington and Jason Roberts as well I think!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Great news
There's another name on that wiki piece who I think could fit in well and that's Nathan Ellington.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Murray scored 20 for a great team, Hoskins scored 20 for a poor team, think I may be onto something here.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Whats your obsession with Akinde?

Was thinking the same, he was OK at Withdean but utter horseshit in the away game. He scored a grand total of no goals on loan to Bristol Rovers and has just been binned by Bristol City.

Certainly wouldn't make me want to sign him. Hoskins, on the other hand, was excellent in the away game at Bristol Rovers, looked very quick and skilful and was the only player on their side to cause us problems. He wasn't bad in the home game either, and bagged 20 in a poor side. And he has plenty to prove at Championship level, which can only be a great motivator. All in all: good deal, methinks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here