And he scores PENALTIES!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Where there's a Will, there's a wa-hey!

D

Deleted member 2719

The men running our football club are absolutely fantastic, we've only been sulking over Murray(officially) for about 2 hours and they announce a replacement immediately!! :banana:

agree with this.

Proof that Tony will back his manager.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Yes, but diving to win a penalty is pointless unless you can hit the resulting spot kick into the net....?!

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I am not so sure Poyet was convinced about Murray. If Gus could have bought the 20 goal man in the window ,he would have,we ended up with Sandaza. I accept Murray delivered ,however the arrival of Hoskins ("we wanted to rest murray " ) ,makes me feel that this was meant to be .

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
I'm chuffed about signing Hoskins, but we will miss Murray's all round game to some extent next season. Anyone who thinks otherwise is kidding themselves. If we can get another striker in who can hold the ball up and bring the midfield into play, and defend set pieces as well as Murray did, then things will be looking very good indeed.

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
Reckon this could be a very good signing. Different type of player to Murray, more mobile and seems to be able to combine being a fox in the box with some more spectacular efforts. I did like Murray's aerial abilty and hold up play, but him leaving doesn't necessarily mean that those aspects of his game will be missed. Poyet may seek alternative approaches to suit Hoskins' game for the benefit of the team, as I'm sure he did to maximise Murray's strengths.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Just the beginning and its' only mid-May. No wonder Gus stays cool.

As well as the vast new income, add the money saved from the payroll of Murray, Sandaza, Hart, Wood, Battiepdi, Baz, Kishishev, Holroyd. It all helps.

Bids being made now are seven-figures, breaking club records:
"Watford have rejected a bid of around £2.5m for striker Danny Graham from QPR, BBC Three Counties Radio reports.
It is also believed the Hornets have dismissed more than one offer from Brighton for winger Will Buckley."

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Should be a good signing.

Impressed with the Rovers fans comments too. Very different to say Swindon where they suddenly decided (well when he signed for us) that Greer was crap, gave away stupid free kicks and fell out with team mates. One person even has a photo of Rachel Bilson. :love:

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Pre seasons are like jigsaw puzzles. Hoskins is just a piece, and his true value to the squad will only be known at the end of the window, when all the other pieces are in place.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Indeed.

Odds on Murray scoring against us next season - evens

Odds on Murray winning a penalty against us - 1/4 (over two games)

:)

Depends on our defenders. Perhaps we'll have Champ' class defenders then, to share the load of Greer & El-Abd. No one knows if Murray will succeed at that level.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
at about 2:25, the goal where he takes on the goalie outside the 18yd area, wins it, and curls it in.... wow!

Thanks. You could see him improve with age and experience during this compilation. Early strikes scuffed and weak. By the end, everything in his locker.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sorry if it's already been said (11 pages to go through) but wasn't Bobbyzam a Gashead before he came to us? Nice of Rovers to keep supplying us with strikers.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
im not getting to excited about him and i still feel we need 2 more experienced forwards and yeh okay he scored 20 goals for bristol rovers this season and he didnt do much last time when he was in the championship for watford

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here