Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***official match thread***

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
For anyone that cares;

Ankergren; Looked a bit dodgy with ball at his feet for a change. Very angry when 1-0 down. Could perhaps have done better for the goal, he didn't move, but it was a good, early, shot.

Osano; Looked "alright". Was a little slow going forward, and taking the defender on. Must be horrible having a trial at full back though, playing right infront of the bench for 45 minutes!

Cook; Wasn't much to do in the first half, but done alright.

Hall; Wasn't much to do in the first half, but done alright. Won a few good headers, but also seemed to let the forward go up for a few without a challenge.

Painter; Normal Painter performance. Alright defensively, but not much going forward.

Buckley; First time I've seen him, and I've no doubt he'll improve, had the beating of the full back easily, as you'd expect, but his end product was poor. Both crossing and shooting.

Navarro, Sparrow, Dicker; All pretty decent. I imagine Navs will get a contract.

Barnes; Shooting practice required. Oddly his best shot was a left foot half volley. Looked to be taking over the Murray role of trying to win freekick.
Bergkamp; Who? Very quiet. Couple of good touches, but nothing to shout about.

--

Brezovan; Not much to do, but distribution was good, as was communication.

Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Taricco; Nothing to do. Some lovely turns by Taricco.

Kasim, Jamie Smith, Rogers; All looked tidy. Horsham were pretty shattered by this point.

Noone; Brilliant. Although up against a shattered full back. Taking on, crossing, shooting. All great. (expect one shoddy effort!)

Agdestein, Barker; Pretty sure Agdestein got the 2nd (haven't checked). Both getting on the score sheet without having to work too hard.

Second half was a bit of a hard one to judge, as Horsham were very tired from a great first half performance.

Was far away from the goal we were attacking the 2nd half, but we seemed to miss a few chances, and also took far too long at pulling trigger.

First half MOTM; Their goalkeeper.
Second half MOTM; Noone.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having been at the game, I agree with a lot of people in this thread. But you underestimate the situation. Such a crap result against Horsham means I never want to see the Albion again.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pleasant evening and glad Maggsy got a decent turnout.

Although three middle-aged Brighton fans in their new away shirts talked over his goodbye speech getting all GEEKY about players coming out after the match which was a pretty poor show.

I used to watch Horsham a lot when I was a nipper. I had forgotten how much I love the Lardy Boys.

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
Well we had fun and it could have been a hat load except for both our keepers! I also got to shake Gus' hand and put my arm around £2.5m so I won't be washing my hand for a while.

Oh and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my choice of clothing for half time but it was meant as a kind of 'homage' to my other favourite team with one of the not so classy away strips of the past. It certainly wasn't meant to 'take the p**s' out of you guys like someone commented, it was supposed to do the opposite and be a bit of fun. Unfortunately I still wasn't allowed to line up for you guys in the 2nd half!

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Oh and I'm sorry if I offended anyone with my choice of clothing for half time but it was meant as a kind of 'homage' to my other favourite team with one of the not so classy away strips of the past. It certainly wasn't meant to 'take the p**s' out of you guys like someone commented, it was supposed to do the opposite and be a bit of fun. Unfortunately I still wasn't allowed to line up for you guys in the 2nd half!
I thought it was fantastic, though I'm jealous as I want one of those, hope you haven't stretched it beyond all recognition!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Well we had fun and it could have been a hat load except for both our keepers! I also got to shake Gus' hand and put my arm around £2.5m so I won't be washing my hand for a while.

Howie! Howie! Best mascot in the world. Apart from Sid the Shark.

I got a nice pic of you with Mackail-Smith. Will be bunging it on a blog later.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8

Here ye are

http://thehovian.com/

5935162926_b5a952f73d_o.jpg

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Pleasant evening and glad Maggsy got a decent turnout.

Although three middle-aged Brighton fans in their new away shirts talked over his goodbye speech getting all GEEKY about players coming out after the match which was a pretty poor show.

I used to watch Horsham a lot when I was a nipper. I had forgotten how much I love the Lardy Boys.

should be a law that 'tubby' middle-aged men should be banned from wearing striped shirts !!! Some awful sights last night !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here