Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horsham vs Brighton and Hove Albion ***official match thread***

SeagullsT0m

Feb 25, 2009
You just don't understand, we are no longer playing the likes of Hartlepool and Dagenham but strong teams such as Barnsley, Doncaster and Hull. If we lose to teams like Horsham we won't stand a chance against teams of such stature and the Amex will be half full by Christmas :facepalm:

But we'll be better :) and the pitches will be better in the championship, thus allowing our passing game to really be used to the best :)

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
But we'll be better :) and the pitches will be better in the championship, thus allowing our passing game to really be used to the best :)

It doesn't matter how good the pitches will be because if we cannot beat a lowly pub team like Horsham we are royally screwed for next season.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
You just don't understand, we are no longer playing the likes of Hartlepool and Dagenham but strong teams such as Barnsley, Doncaster and Hull. If we lose to teams like Horsham we won't stand a chance against teams of such stature and the Amex will be half full by Christmas :facepalm:

What? Half full? We won't get anywhere near that. Did you not see how we didn't sell out the Withdean? What with the boring brand of football Gus plays, getting beaten 4-0 every match will deter everyone. I'm glad I didn't buy a season ticket, waste of money.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
1 - 1 toby :)

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
2 - 1 Nooney :)

SeagullsT0m

Feb 25, 2009
It doesn't matter how good the pitches will be because if we cannot beat a lowly pub team like Horsham we are royally screwed for next season.

It does matter how good the pitch is. Passing football needs a flat pitch, these pitches will have more bobbles in them than championship standard pitches. So we'll be able to play it around. We beat 2 good championship squads last year, with a weaker team than we will have this year. Trust me, we don't do as badly as you are suggesting.

Twitter says Noone makes it 2-1 :)

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
It does matter how good the pitch is. Passing football needs a flat pitch, these pitches will have more bobbles in them than championship standard pitches. So we'll be able to play it around. We beat 2 good championship squads last year, with a weaker team than we will have this year. Trust me, we don't do as badly as you are suggesting.

You may be right as we have now fluked our way in front v Horsham but I don't think Gus' boring brand of anti-football will be much cop in a league higher and I'm doubtful he will keep his job beyond Christmas tbh mate.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus

Twitter says Noone makes it 2-1 :)

I think you're taking what they say un poco literally. Woo 2-1

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
You may be right as we have now fluked our way in front v Horsham but I don't think Gus' boring brand of anti-football will be much cop in a league higher and I'm doubtful he will keep his job beyond Christmas tbh mate.

:lolol: :dunce: :jester:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We were woeful for much of pre-season before last season. Doesn't worry me in the slightest
Yep, and Gus would say after every game "it's about fitness".

Turns out he was right, shocker.

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
We were woeful for much of pre-season before last season. Doesn't worry me in the slightest

Are you not worried about the fact we CONCEDED against HORSHAM?

Our defence is clearly leaking goals, let's hope that 4 of those 5 signings Gus wants are defenders, or we'll be bottom of the league before you can say "Gustavo Augusto Poyet Domínguez, Anthony Philip David Terry Frank Donald Stanley Gerry Gordon Stephen James Oatway and Mauricio Ricardo Taricco OUT!"

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Predictable , with Brezovan in goal :lolol:

From the official site:

46: GOAL! Lee Carney drives on from midfield and slides the ball wide to Carl Rook, who drives the ball past Casper Ankergren and into the bottom left corner.

60: Second half team introduced, which includes former Chelsea scholar Anton Rogers after signing for Albion during the summer.

TEAMS

First hour: (4-4-2) Ankergren; Osano, Cook, Hall, Painter; Buckley, Navarro, Sparrow, Dicker; Barnes, Bergkamp.

Last half-hour: (4-4-2) Brezovan; Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Taricco; Kasim, Jamie Smith, Rogers, Noone; Agdestein, Barker.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If I remember rightly we either drew or lost all our preseason friendlies except Aberdeen last year. Results don't matter until Aug 6th.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here