Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrid places to live in within Sussex?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeah righto :wozza:

I live in Heathfield and work v near to Poplar (E London btw) and I can assure you I know which is a horrible place to live and which is not.

This is Hugo who lives in Burwash by the way... One of those judgemental old fuckers - Having followed the Albion to Stockport / Wigan etc etc I can assure you that none of the places mentioned are that bad. Hastings is in certain places but it is also alright in parts... Same with Hailsham...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Heathfield, although it can be said sometimes doesn't have a great deal going on,is far from a horrid place to live.

How can any place with the beautiful Heathfield Park Cricket Club be a horrid place to live?

Don't worry Ces - I've clocked the people on here who've said stuff and the HPCC FIRM will be notified :tantrum:

Was told a story the other day by a mate who knew this bloke who spent his whole life just watching Cricket all over the world. When my mate said he was from Old Heathfield thebloke turned round and said it's one of the top 3 places to watch cricket in the WORLD :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

I would love the likes of Mendoza, Trigger and Uncle Buck to come down one day for a drink up at the HPCC - Trigger may even buy a round of WKD BLUES as it would be a special occasion :love:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
This is Hugo who lives in Burwash by the way... One of those judgemental old fuckers - Having followed the Albion to Stockport / Wigan etc etc I can assure you that none of the places mentioned are that bad. Hastings is in certain places but it is also alright in parts... Same with Hailsham...

Well Hugo needs to get out a bit more then if he thinks Heathfield is bad ha, ha. A bit dull maybe but not bad (save the double murder) :wink:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Well Hugo needs to get out a bit more then if he thinks Heathfield is bad ha, ha. A bit dull maybe but not bad (save the double murder) :wink:

What about the woman who got caught dealing smack at the school gates and giving heroine to her kids? A lto goes on in Heathfield - that made national news too...

Not to mention Joanna the nationwide famous tranny who beat up 5 coppers in the Crown Car Park - that was massively national news in every paper!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
What about the woman who got caught dealing smack at the school gates and giving heroine to her kids? A lto goes on in Heathfield - that made national news too...

Not to mention Joanna the nationwide famous tranny who beat up 5 coppers in the Crown Car Park - that was massively national news in every paper!

The smack deliverer died in jail you know. Her boy was in the year below my nephews.

Saw "Joanna" around from time to time, she/he has moved on now I think.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Which towns? Blackburn and Burnley perhaps - but I think Burnley's got a sort of charm. I quite like Preston. Blackpool's a bit vulgar, but there's plenty to do. Lancaster's rather quaint and Lytham''s genteel.

TBH, I don't think it's all that different from Sussex: some dull towns, some ugly towns, some lively ones and some beautiful countryside

Yea.. when you put it like that, maybe you're right! I don't have anything against Lancs, I love it up here.. just always thought there were a lot more deprived towns etc, mostly down to the fact it was largely a mining county. But it probably isn't too much different really. The weather's a lot nice in Sussex though :)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Except the caravan park where a 14 year old stabbed a 12 year old or something similar....

agree,but the lad was from shoreham not lancing,the said caravans were owned by the council,but are owned by a private company,who have totaly gutted most of the park and have built lovely mobile homes thhat are selling for mega amounts

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Not sure why Burgess Hill gets bad press, I've lived there since 1997 and I really like it, but then I have a family, so am not bothered about decent night life, just want a quiet area with a pub and shop in close proximity. It's a short trip along the A2300 to go north up the A23 or South to Brighton.

Maybe for teenagers, it's dull as dishwater - depends what your outlook is, I suppose.

Not sure why Burgess Hill gets bad press, I've lived there since 1997 and I really like it, but then I have a family, so am not bothered about decent night life, just want a quiet area with a pub and shop in close proximity. It's a short trip along the A2300 to go north up the A23 or South to Brighton.

Maybe for teenagers, it's dull as dishwater - depends what your outlook is, I suppose.

Burgess Hill, Sussex's answer to Brentwood

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Did your Mummy drive you there?

Nope, yours did. Dropped me back off after as well. God knows how she managed it, she could hardly walk, let alone drive. must have got her strength back when we stopped at that layby.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Some parts of Crawley are awful. When it's Giro day the single mums are out in force. I walked past one the other day and i couldn't get an image out of my head that someone had actually shagged her.:nono: Karen Matthews has put on a fair bit of weight while she's been inside i thought.

Yea.. when you put it like that, maybe you're right! I don't have anything against Lancs, I love it up here.. just always thought there were a lot more deprived towns etc, mostly down to the fact it was largely a mining county. But it probably isn't too much different really. The weather's a lot nice in Sussex though :)

Chorlton eh, lovely part o the world, The Belgian Belly, lovely bars (exc The Spread Eagle!), a bank on every corner,the Bee Gee's school. was it you in The Lloyds watchin the Blackpool match a few years ago?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here