Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horrid places to live in within Sussex?

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
East Grinstead has little to recommend it.

Far too close to Surrey for my liking, home to a nightclub regularly voted Britain's worst, high street full of charity shops and 99p stores, on a train line that serves NOWHERE else in the entire county - requiring you to change at EAST CROYDON if you actually want to go anywhere nice AND it's home to those seriously weird fuckers the Scientologists.

Add to this list the fact that there is not ONE single boozer where you can get a drop of Harveys or indeed ANY decent ale AND the fact that it featured on last week's Crimewatch and you can see why I'm not really a fan.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Burgess Hill
Polegate
Hailsham

you've lived a very shelterd life if you think those three are horrid. dull is the worst i can say for them. and Portslade seems a reasonable place too compared to some places.

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
Frankly there are parts of Lancing which need nuking...

I can agree with that, but just because there's 2 council estates in Lancing it doesn't make it a shit place. It's not great but it's not a complete shithole like some people think. I've seen worse places everywhere in Sussex.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I can agree with that, but just because there's 2 council estates in Lancing it doesn't make it a shit place. It's not great but it's not a complete shithole like some people think. I've seen worse places everywhere in Sussex.

Very true, everywhere has its good and bad features...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
What, that is where Public School Boy lives, are we talking about Lancing College or are we talking about that crap estate towards Sompting

I live in Sompting, right at the back that backs onto the lush green fields that stretch for miles, best area ive ever lived and cheap compared to Brighton and Hove too.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I reckon theres only one truly horrid place to live in Sussex and that's round PSB's place. I hate these horrible snobbish threads they bring out the worst in people.

Oct 25, 2003
let's be honest, most of sussex is fine......parts of it can be described as "odd" or "dull" but very few parts of it are actually that bad......certainly not "horrid"

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There aren't any horrible places in Sussex that I can remember,with the possible exception of Warrior Square.It's the people who inhabit some of the places that make those places horrible,be they crashing bores from golf & cricket clubs,culture snobs,NIMBY snobs,pubic schoolboys,etc etc.Mark you,havn't lived there for 40 years,so might be looking through rose-tinted glasses!:wink:

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Who uses the word "horrid" (apart from psb), what is the criteria?

Either way I am sure Broadfield/Bewbush fit the bill nicely

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Lancing isn't the worst, North Lancing is a very afluent area!

East Worthing is worse by far!

Only Teville Gate does. Teville Gate is the place that time forgot...and the local council obviously.

Well sort of, there have been "plans" in the pipeline from housing and shopping to a new swimming pool on the site...but no decision nor money has ever been made!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I live in Sompting, right at the back that backs onto the lush green fields that stretch for miles, best area ive ever lived and cheap compared to Brighton and Hove too.

lancing is a great place to live :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here