Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Horne & Corden

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
Teachers was a classic, no doubt.

New - and final - series of Gavin and Stacey being written now

I loved the first two series of Gavin & Stacey, but was very disappointed with the Christmas 'Special'.

I didn't see the sketch show (attempting to drown sorrows in The Station at the time) but my missus reckoned it was lame. Seems most agree.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Watched the repeat last night and what a crock of shit!!

Superman and Spiderman in a gym?? Which part of that was supposed to be funny? Drawing a cock on a blackboard?? Should have known really, the Ghost spoof advert wasn't in the slightest bit funny and one can only assume they use the best parts for these adverts to lure people in.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I thought it was good. The Ricky Gervais sketch was really well observed. Sketch shows often need to be watched in a series to get the joke. If you only saw one episode of the Fast Show, it wouldn't be that funny, but the gags repeat themselves and become funny.

I think its very harsh to write this off after one episode.

I agree, fast show, little britain took an epsiode or two to home in on the humour, I thought the more amusing bits was the stuff in front of the live audience, cock drawing and stop gun crime. They have been the only people close to matching Russell Brand on Big Brothers big mouth, and have shown they work well with an audience.

I saw an up coming clip where James Cordon coachs the England team which looked very funny and they said they had 20 minutes to do it without any prep. I shall keep watching to see if it improves with age.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Haven't seen the show, but these two are certainly to be added to the list of people I'm sick of seeing every time I switch on my tellybox! Taxi for Horne, Cordon, Klass, Ross, Norton and Hammond! :censored:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Haven't seen the show, but these two are certainly to be added to the list of people I'm sick of seeing every time I switch on my tellybox! Taxi for Horne, Cordon, Klass, Ross, Norton and Hammond! :censored:

Klass? How dare you! She's a goddess :love:

I would not complain if she had her own channel let alone show.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Big fan of Gavin and Stacey but the sketch show was just plain awful. Will give next week a go but if its the same can safely say won't watching again

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
EVERYONE.

If you want a good sketch show, simply buy the Big Train Series 1+2 boxset from Play.com. Please do. It is all you need. Simon Pegg and his team at their best. No catchphrases, no gimmicks, just fantastic sketches.

And repetition is what killed Little Britain, and ultimately The Fast Show.

Some of Little Britain's one off sketches in the first series were hilarious, and Lucas and Walliams are very funny blokes (as proved in Rock Profile and Shooting Stars). But into the 2nd and 3rd series it got more and more dumbed down until you could predict exactly what would happen in every sketch. Andy and Lou was always EXACTLY the same, just the setting and punchline would change slightly. No thought needed, you were basically told when to laugh.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
What's an 'antitheist' ?

FYI:

Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is active opposition to theism. The etymological root of the word comes from the Greek 'anti-' and 'theismos'. The term has had a range of applications; in secular contexts, it typically refers to direct opposition to belief in any deity, while in a theism context, it sometimes refers to opposition to a specific god or gods. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
FYI:

Antitheism (sometimes anti-theism) is active opposition to theism. The etymological root of the word comes from the Greek 'anti-' and 'theismos'. The term has had a range of applications; in secular contexts, it typically refers to direct opposition to belief in any deity, while in a theism context, it sometimes refers to opposition to a specific god or gods. :thumbsup:

How ironic then, that you should bow to me but a couple of posts back. I'm a Christian :thumbsup:

Also, your Cross is the wrong way up in your Avatar. Just thought I should mention, don't want you making a fool of yourself.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
How ironic then, that you should bow to me but a couple of posts back. I'm a Christian :thumbsup:

Also, your Cross is the wrong way up in your Avatar. Just thought I should mention, don't want you making a fool of yourself.

Firstly, I'm not spoiling for a fight.
Secondly, just because you are a Christian doesn't mean I can't agree with any of your opinions or sentiments.
Thirdly, the inverted crucifix is an accepted symbol of opposition to christianity (just to save you making a fool of yourself).
Fourthly, I'm as entitled to my opinion on faith as any are to counter it.
Finally, I was asked a question and replied, but don't think that a thread on Horne & Corden is the place to get into this, but will happily discuss it further elsewhere should you so choose. :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Firstly, I'm not spoiling for a fight.
Secondly, just because you are a Christian doesn't mean I can't agree with any of your opinions or sentiments.
Thirdly, the inverted crucifix is an accepted symbol of opposition to christianity (just to save you making a fool of yourself).
Fourthly, I'm as entitled to my opinion on faith as any are to counter it.
Finally, I was asked a question and replied, but don't think that a thread on Horne & Corden is the place to get into this, but will happily discuss it further elsewhere should you so choose. :thumbsup:

Firstly, my post was entirely in jest and good nature. I am well aware of the inverted crucifix.

No worries. Just thought it was ironic.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
FYI:

Is that anything like an atheist ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here