Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hopefully the begining of the end?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Whoa man! What the hell has got in to you?

I would never wish death on anyone, that is completely and utterly despicable. From someone I also respected a few years ago, I expect better from you.

Do they not teach irony at Wolverhampton?

Consider yourself OWNED by BoF

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I didn't like her at the time - mainly cos she cost me money with the poll tax. However she was a strong Prime Minister - certainly more than any who have come after her.Certainly Major, B. Liar and Brown all come up short when put against her. Had she been around today we would not have had that commie twat Bob Crow pulling the RMT out at every conceivable opportunity. If anyone deserves to be vilified, wished death upon, have his grave spat on etc it is him. Thatcher does, at least, deserve our respect

nevergoagain

Jul 28, 2005
nowhere near Burgess Hill
If only we had someone as strong as her in power now. Can't see it ever happening though, we've been taken over by middle of the road Britain.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Brown still is not fit to clean her shoes, and Blair was never in her league. She was a strong leader at the time we needed strength - whether you agreed with all of her policies or not.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
If only we had someone as strong as her in power now. Can't see it ever happening though, we've been taken over by middle of the road Britain.

no kidding. it is a shame that the collective backbone in the commons these days doesn't come close to her - whatever the party or the policy.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
no kidding. it is a shame that the collective backbone in the commons these days doesn't come close to her - whatever the party or the policy.

....I miss average unemployment of 3.3 million, you had to be strong or well connected to survive.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
....I miss average unemployment of 3.3 million, you had to be strong or well connected to survive.

Latest data from the ONS. You won't be missing it for long.

The number of unemployed people, the unemployment rate and the claimant count have all increased. The employment rate and the number of people in employment have fallen. The number of vacancies has fallen. Growth in average earnings, both including and excluding bonuses, has fallen. The number of inactive people of working age and the inactivity rate have also fallen.

The unemployment rate was 7.1 per cent for the three months to March 2009, up 0.8 over the previous quarter and up 1.8 over the year. The number of unemployed people increased by 244,000 over the quarter and by 592,000 over the year, to reach
2.22 million. These are the largest quarterly increases in the unemployment level and rate since 1981.

The claimant count was 1.51 million in April 2009. It is up 57,100 over the previous month and up 710,700 over the year. The claimant count has not been higher since August 1997.

The redundancies level for the three months to March 2009 was 286,000, up 27,000 over the quarter and up 175,000 over the year. This is the highest figure since comparable records began in 1995.

The employment rate for people of working age was 73.6 per cent for the three months to March 2009, down 0.5 from the previous quarter and down 1.3 over the year. The rate has not been lower since the three months to September 1998. The number of people in employment for the three months to March 2009 was 29.20 million, down 157,000 over the quarter and down 295,000 over the year.

Average earnings including bonuses fell by 0.4 per cent in the three months to March 2009 compared with the previous year. This negative annual growth rate is unprecedented since comparable records began in 1991 and is mainly due to lower bonuses in the financial sector. Average earnings excluding bonuses increased by 3.0 per cent in the three months to March 2009 compared with the previous year. This is the lowest annual growth rate since comparable records began in 2001.

There were 455,000 job vacancies in the three months to April 2009, down 51,000 over the previous quarter and down 232,000 over the year. These are the lowest vacancy figures since comparable records began in 2001. All sectors have shown falls in vacancies over the quarter with the largest fall occurring in finance and business services (down 17,000).

The inactivity rate for people of working age was 20.7 per cent for the three months to March 2009, down 0.1 over the previous quarter and down 0.2 over the year. The number of economically inactive people of working age fell by 29,000 over the quarter and by 43,000 over the year to reach 7.83 million.
Source: Office for National Statistics

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quoted by HAMPSHIRE SEAGULLS
"The number of inactive people of working age and the inactivity rate have also fallen."

RECESSION OVER THEN.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

Was that not more to do with a transitional stage that we were seeing and the fact that the country was dying on its knees as it was? The political seed is sowed well before the actual results of certain policies. Where was the country heading without Thatcher?

D

Deleted User X18H

How can you fools (some of you) say this about Maggie she transformed Britain.

Living in the 80's was bliss under her leadership if you couldn't comprehend what she was all about or use her policies to better yourself you must have been very stupid.

Get well soon Maggie!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here