Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hopefully the begining of the end?

D

Deleted User X18H

Hove born&stupid.
That doesn't even makes sense how about something like Hove Born and Brain dead or Hove Born and Off His Head (see I am feeding you ways to insult me as you don't appear to be clever enough to do it yourself.............no your not a Maggie person are you)

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The general ignorance / revisionism of the lead up to the Falklands War is remarkable, even though the facts are quite easy to look up.

Quite simply the British Government at the time (against the wishes of the Islanders) were quite happy to offload the place.

They didn't want the expense.

Against all the advice of military the Government were quite happy to deal with an Argentinian Dictator about given the place back, and subsequently cut the cost of protecting the Islanders.

Lo and beyold an invasion took place, just as predicted by the military.

Thatcher didn't win the war, the military did and were very very pissed off at having to clear up the mess that the Government helped to create.

There is a wonderful account in the diary of the Navy's top brass as he was sailed down before the task force. Incensed he was having to sort out a mess that he predicted but was simply ignored about time after time.

There were/are also a few at the top of the military who never really forgave her for taking the credit of seeing off Argentina, especially her insisting she took the salute.

Last edited:

I didn't like her at the time - mainly cos she cost me money with the poll tax. However she was a strong Prime Minister - certainly more than any who have come after her.Certainly Major, B. Liar and Brown all come up short when put against her. Had she been around today we would not have had that commie twat Bob Crow pulling the RMT out at every conceivable opportunity. If anyone deserves to be vilified, wished death upon, have his grave spat on etc it is him. Thatcher does, at least, deserve our respect

I wouldn't piss on her if she was on fire.

That doesn't even makes sense how about something like Hove Born and Brain dead or Hove Born and Off His Head (see I am feeding you ways to insult me as you don't appear to be clever enough to do it yourself.............no your not a Maggie person are you)

Says the man whose name is Hove Born and Bred, but says he is a true Brightonian.
A contradiction in terms.

D

Deleted User X18H

I ama true Brightonian and I was born in Hove...........................WARD!!!

I ama true Brightonian and I was born in Hove...........................WARD!!!

I am assuming you were born before 1997, when Brighton and Hove merged, and this really doesn't matter anyway as if you were born in a Hove ward that means you were born in Hove and therefore you are a Hovite.
To be a true Brightonian born before or after the merger you would to born in Brighton.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/obituary-captain-nicholas-barker-1266075.html

The real story of the Falklands for all those ignorant people who think the government of the time did so well in defending the islands.

That's the one I was thinking of, but you'll struggle to find a modern account of the conflict that contradicts it.

Quite simply the military got her and her government off the hook.

People's perception and scrunity of goverments has changed these days. If the same happened today there would be much more criticism of the governments role in simply opening the door for the Argentinians.

D

Deleted User X18H

I am assuming you were born before 1997, when Brighton and Hove merged, and this really doesn't matter anyway as if you were born in a Hove ward that means you were born in Hove and therefore you are a Hovite.
To be a true Brightonian born before or after the merger you would to born in Brighton.
Look its quite late so please try and understand before one of us dies!!

When I say Ward it is almost obvious I mean Hospital Ward!! In my case HOVE ward at Buckingham Road Maternity Hospital in Buckingham Road Brighton.

They had Montpelier and Goldsmid Wards as well.

Can I elaborate any more for you!??

Oh and I love Maggie!!!!

Oh and someone born in Hove is a Hoveonian

Last edited:

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I hate Thatcher more than Archer, one destroyed the country the other was a ****! I'll leave it up to you kids to work out which is which!

1066gull

I suspect they do not teach a lot of things at Wolverhampton that might help Adrie.

What basis of evidence are you degrading me on? I ain't been out in public with anyone associated with NSC for two years. Jesus wept.

1066gull

When she does depart this earth that day should be made a national bank holiday in honour of our greatest every prime minister.

I was look for the 'like' feature, I thought I was on Facebook!

I was never alive when she was in power, but I think her and Tony Blair are the greatest leaders we've ever had, both have helped shape Britain in to the super power we are now.

how we would all wish Blair never stood down....

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Anyone who doesn't recognize what Thatcher did for this country is quite frankly DELUDED. Yes, it was a shame that many people suffered but it had to happen if britain was to remain a force.

Wishing for her to die and then dance on her grave is appalling. Anyone is who think this is first class t**t.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
She didn't win it, the bloody arm forces spilt their guts there.

Nonsense. I well remember the TV footage of her parachuting in and taking out an Argie machine gun nest with just a bottle of perfume. She also rode on the torpedo that sank the Belgrano - a bloke down the pub told me that. And it's a well-known fact that the coward that shot Colonel H only did so when he found out it wasn't Maggie who was accepting his surrender.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here