Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hopefully the begining of the end?

Anyone who doesn't recognize what Thatcher did for this country is quite frankly DELUDED. Yes, it was a shame that many people suffered but it had to happen if britain was to remain a force.

DELUDED of Sussex here :bigwave: With Maggie you either loved her or hated her - and that was just her own Cabinet - who can forget Spitting Image and the 'vegetables' skit.

But seriously there may have been some good things she did for this country but then again that goes for most leaders whether democraticly elected or despotic dictators - it doesn't mean that in the overall context of their leadership they were 'good' leaders.

Sorry but overall I think she was a tyrant who bullied through her policies regardless of social consequences when it wouldn't have been difficult to show a more compassionate face.

Look its quite late so please try and understand before one of us dies!!

When I say Ward it is almost obvious I mean Hospital Ward!! In my case HOVE ward at Buckingham Road Maternity Hospital in Buckingham Road Brighton.

They had Montpelier and Goldsmid Wards as well.

Can I elaborate any more for you!??

Oh and I love Maggie!!!!

Oh and someone born in Hove is a Hoveonian

No it was not obvious otherwise I would not have said what I said, would I?

Thanks for clearing that up, you are obviously a true Brightonian.

Are you sure about the Hove thing, I was always told you were a Hovite if you were from Hove.

Last edited:

Anyone who doesn't recognize what Thatcher did for this country is quite frankly DELUDED. Yes, it was a shame that many people suffered but it had to happen if britain was to remain a force.

Wishing for her to die and then dance on her grave is appalling. Anyone is who think this is first class t**t.

Britain remain a force? Are you joking?

If it hadn't been for Thatcher this country would still be under the thumb of the unions (to find out how bad this is for the economy see France).

I believe that her free market ethos also changed the culture of work, productivity and enterprise in this country.

You wonder what she might have achieved if the internet had arrived 10 years earlier than it did.

Unfortunately, she was pretty backward in other areas, such as defence, environment, social welfare.

A state funeral should be out of the question because she's always divided the country, but she deserves a lot of respect for what she achieved in the 80s. Christ, even a lot of the striking miners regard 1984 as the Golden Era.

The piss poor economy of France that has not been affected as badly by the banking crisis, that still makes cars in French owned car factories, has a superb public transport system, own its own public utilities and owns half of ours too. Bloody crap isn't it!

Last edited:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
If she goes (and it can't be long) I think she should have a full state funeral and be buried under a dance hall in Liverpool; there can be no finer tribute to the old cow than to have scousers dancing on her grave every night.

No point you blaming Maggie for your situation. You'd have been a hate filled Billy no mates under any Prime Minister.

It was ever your destiny to be a petty little tyrant. It's why you're a steward.

Run along now child.

"my situation"? I was in sunny California from 1981 until quite recently. Shows how you like to talk out your (_!_) don't it.
Doesn't stop me from hating thatcher all the same. No more keen on that cow, than the spineless runt gw bush.

You wouldn't make a good steward though pnfe, it's responsible work for stand-up types - not wankers like you :tosser:

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The piss poor economy of France that has not been affected as badly by the banking crisis, that still makes cars in French owned car factories, has a superb public transport system, own its own public utilities and owns half of ours too. Bloody crap isn't it!

Very well put! Of course, the French saw what the Luftwaffe had done to their manufacturing industry, and repaired it. The Thatcher, on the other hand, saw the work the Luftwaffe had done on British manufacturing industry - and completed the job.

Run along now child.

"my situation"? I was in sunny California from 1981 until quite recently. Shows how you like to talk out your (_!_) don't it.
Doesn't stop me from hating thatcher all the same. No more keen on that cow, than the spineless runt gw bush.

You wouldn't make a good steward though pnfe, it's responsible work for stand-up types - not wankers like you :tosser:

Talk about a meteoric career. From boxing up raisins in the good old US of A to a steward at Withdean. Damn, you living the dream, man.

What you got lined up after this, Mr. Responsibility? Milk monitor?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Thatcher f***ed the country , Labour made it great again. Granted the wheels have come off but it's a Global issue and the Tories would do worst

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Wishing for her to die and then dance on her grave is appalling.

Don't wish anybody to die, not even that malicious bitch. But will happily dance on her grave when the day comes that she does.

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
You have obviously forgotten it was her policy that lead the Argies to think they could get away with it.

What Maggie was doing to this country at the time (she was brilliant in my opinion) had nothing to do with the Argies thinking they could take The Falklands.

The Falklands war started because of political unrest in Argentina - the president thought the only way to get the people on his side was to claim The Falklands.

Luckily we kicked their cheating arses.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Falklands war started because of political unrest in Argentina - the president thought the only way to get the people on his side was to claim The Falklands.
There is slightly more to this story than you think , cutbacks in our defence budget gave them the impression we weren't bothered in our overseas territories if push came to shove. :)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Thatcher f***ed the country , Labour made it great again. Granted the wheels have come off but it's a Global issue and the Tories would do worst

Thatcher forced a much needed change on Britain and Labour inherited a very healthy economy from Ken Clarke. Prudent (sic) Brown managed to avoid saving anything for a rainy day and we has now wasted squillions on owning banks up to their eyeballs in debt.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thatcher forced a much needed change on Britain and Labour inherited a very healthy economy from Ken Clarke. Prudent (sic) Brown managed to avoid saving anything for a rainy day and we has now wasted squillions on owning banks up to their eyeballs in debt.
When Labour took over in 97 didn't they say the books didn't balance and we were more massively in debt as a nation than was thought possible when they were in opposition ? Brown couldn't save anything for a rainy day as it was all being used to pay off what we owed. Now we have headed into an economic depression and squaundered billions the Conservatives will be in the same position when they take over.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

It's not all about the money though.

Thatcher polarised the country in a way that was more akin to a dictatorship than a modern democracy. She and her kind knew, as they say, the price of everything and the value of nothing. What a disgrace.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

:thumbsup: Your Not wrong sunshine............Blair knew things would roll along without doing anything of imporrtance (that includes northern ireland) and then after letting that scottish git brown feck up the No 11 job he stepped aside like a coward not wishing to face the impending doom.......Blair is a coward and a snake...............

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Of course, but the Government were warned about it by the military but were simply ignored.

On top that, the Government were busily trying to offload the place at the same time - to Argentina.

So much for their duty to the people down in the Falklands don't you think ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here