Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hopefully the begining of the end?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Nonsense. I well remember the TV footage of her parachuting in and taking out an Argie machine gun nest with just a bottle of perfume. She also rode on the torpedo that sank the Belgrano - a bloke down the pub told me that. And it's a well-known fact that the coward that shot Colonel H only did so when he found out it wasn't Maggie who was accepting his surrender.

:bowdown:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I find it hard to believe that there are so many inadequates on this board who STILL blame Maggie Thatcher for everything that ever happened to them in their lives.
Can't wipe my own arse,can't do this,can't do that,I'm just a waste of space.....oh I know,I'll blame Maggie.
Pathetic.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
it must have been bloody awful to live in some of the communities that were decimated during the early eighties, but ive yet to even see an alternative to her policies posted on here, after 10 years of tory rule, the country was in an INFINITELY healthier state than when she took over.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
....I miss average unemployment of 3.3 million, you had to be strong or well connected to survive.

Labour claimed that the Tories changed the way the total unemployed was calculated 17 or so times to massage the figure downwards YET when they came to power they didn't revert back to the old calculations!

One wonders what the real unemployment figure would be now if those original methods were used??!!

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I find it hard to believe that there are so many inadequates on this board who STILL blame Maggie Thatcher for everything that ever happened to them in their lives.
Can't wipe my own arse,can't do this,can't do that,I'm just a waste of space.....oh I know,I'll blame Maggie.
Pathetic.

I agree, it is absolutely pathetic isn't it. She left so office so many years ago and people still blame her for everything. I am surprised she doesn't get the blame for the fact that we had floods last summer...

They also somehow seem to forget that Blair/Brown have had 13 years to change all the wrongs (not one of which is irreversable) which is longer than she was in power herself.

Some people just don't move on do they :nono:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
it must have been bloody awful to live in some of the communities that were decimated during the early eighties, but ive yet to even see an alternative to her policies posted on here, after 10 years of tory rule, the country was in an INFINITELY healthier state than when she took over.

In what way? Monetarism was a failure, as was the poll tax. The destruction of the Unions meant that manufacturing, shipping, mining, steel and other blue collar industries were replaced with a service sector, and financed by the sale of state assets.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Pathetic.

Can you show me one such person on NSC who blames Thatch for all the woes in their life?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Queue up to piss on her grave.

and dance
I am 63 and can remember her government and what it did to me and the rest of the working class of this country........................I watched families disintegrate during her time and her ministers could only snigger at those caught up in her meglomania.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If it hadn't been for Thatcher this country would still be under the thumb of the unions (to find out how bad this is for the economy see France).

I believe that her free market ethos also changed the culture of work, productivity and enterprise in this country.

You wonder what she might have achieved if the internet had arrived 10 years earlier than it did.

Unfortunately, she was pretty backward in other areas, such as defence, environment, social welfare.

A state funeral should be out of the question because she's always divided the country, but she deserves a lot of respect for what she achieved in the 80s. Christ, even a lot of the striking miners regard 1984 as the Golden Era.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If anyone deserves to die, it is Thatcher. Never mind those phoney leaders who tried their best and were thinking of the people - Hitler, Stalin and Pot spring to mind. :thud:

BOF you are normally quite mild mannered old chap. However for someone so opposed to the death penalty thats a bit strong!

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Anyone wishing her dead is out of order, she had many faults and you either loved her or hated her but to wish her dead is wrong.
For the record I liked her and under her government you always new where you stood, unfortunatley that will never happen again with either Labour or Tory.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here