Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homophobia and football

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Man United with a gay player? I'd like proper confirmation of that - Man City fans would tear O'Shea to shreds. I heard a lot of ugly stories over Steve Coppell when he stayed very briefly at Maine Road, also involving a former Brighton player....

The O'Shea rumour has been around for ten years in Ireland, if any of them are true, it is. He denies it though. Media speculation is that his fiance is a publicist cover story - from reading some crap 'celeb' mag she doesn't even live with him!

City fans DO tear him to shreds over it:
RTÉ Sport: O'Shea speaks out over gay rumours

bantam manc

Jan 27, 2010
football v homophobia

Football v HomophobiaCategory:Organisations - Political Organisations
Description:On February 19th 2010, The Justin Campaign are to launch Football v Homophobia. An initiative aimed at raising awareness of homophobia in amateur and professional football; to unite clubs, players and fans across the country by using the game of football to bring communities together in opposing hate and discrimination in the world’s favourite sport.

We intend that Football v Homophobia on Feb 19th will become the one day out of each year where individuals, community groups & teams and clubs internationally can express their disapproval of homophobia in football by celebrating under the banner of Football v Homophobia.
The launch in the UK this year will also coincide with LGBT (Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgendered) History Month, a full month of activity celebrating the lives and achievements of the LGBT community. We hope that you can express your support for the day and ensure that this initiative significantly changes how LGBT people are perceived and treated in football. You don’t have to be a football fan or sports group to back the campaign.

Do your bit for the campaign and spread the word by inviting your facebook friends!

Visit the website to find out how you can get involved! (read less)
On February 19th 2010, The Justin Campaign are to launch Football v Homophobia. An initiative aimed at raising awareness of homophobia in amateur and professional football; to unite clubs, players and fans across the country by using the game of football to bring communities together in opposing hate and discrimination in the world’s favourite sport.

We intend that Football v Homophobia on Feb 19th will become the one day out of each year where individuals, community groups & teams and clubs... (read more)Privacy type:Open: All content is public.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
is this what you want.............

Attachments

• love.jpg
    love.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 76

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
i saw john o shea at heathrow airport with a bird.

I've no idea about O'Shea one way or t'other, but him being seen at an airport with a bird is hardly conclusive.

Elton John used to be married to a woman, remember.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
On reflection I'd feel a lot more comfortable if there was a greater demographic mix within the Albion crowd. I guess the fact there isnt says a lot.
oh for the days when people went to foootball simply because they liked watching their team, instead of worrying about 'being comfortable with the demographic mix of the crowd', talk about over complicating things for f*** sake :facepalm:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I've no idea about O'Shea one way or t'other, but him being seen at an airport with a bird is hardly conclusive.

Elton John used to be married to a woman, remember.
True, i dont know why i bothered posting it to be honest , but surely he wouldnt go to all that trouble just to cover it up if he is gay would he ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here