Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeland Chl4 (complete with 'Spoiler Alert')

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I did a search and I'm somewhat surprised there isn't a thread, already.

It's on Sunday nights, did anyone watch part 1, last week?

I thought it was really really good and will certainly keep watching.

I believe the drama does a great job of leading you towards guilty, then pulling the rug out from that and setting up blonde woman as a mentalist, and visa-verse till the very end.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
Yeah I saw it last week was really good stuff! do you know how many episodes it is long?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
12 episodes long, but they've made another series too, which is being shown in the States now. Absolutely cracking, although Damien Lewis's voice seems to be channeling Dick Van Dyke. But that's my only criticism.

RyFish

Dec 6, 2011
12 I believe. Wanted to watch this and then missed when it started... will have to give it a go on 4OD

Yep, it's 12 eps. I'm halfway through Ep 8 (didn't realise it was coming to C4 so acquired it from a friend) and it gets better and better. Lots of twists and top-notch acting.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
12 I believe. Wanted to watch this and then missed when it started... will have to give it a go on 4OD
Yeah 12.
I'm really surprised they've not repeated at some point over the week.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
Glad the bird from Firefly finally got her chesticles out, love her short hair as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
12 episodes long, but they've made another series too, which is being shown in the States now. Absolutely cracking, although Damien Lewis's voice seems to be channeling Dick Van Dyke. But that's my only criticism.
I was listening to an American podcast, and they weren't sure if Lewis was an american or not.
Which I took to be pretty high praise.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lewis was brilliant with his accent in Band of Brothers and is usually worth watching.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Is the woman cop paying $1000 a day out of her own pocket for the surveillance as no'one else knew about it!?
the best mate jumping on the soldiers wife storyline was nicked exactly from The Killing2
Picked up on the hand movement far too easily & early
apart from that, not bad

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
It's not the worst American accent I've ever heard, just every so often you can hear the posho in him coming through :)

On a different subject, Claire Danes would get it all day long, seems like she's been around donkeys years (with Romeo and Juliet and such) but she's only two years older than me.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Is the woman cop paying $1000 a day out of her own pocket for the surveillance as no'one else knew about it!?
the best mate jumping on the soldiers wife storyline was nicked exactly from The Killing2
apart from that, not bad

Hand movement?!?!?!? what do you mean?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Stumbled across it last Sunday thinking it was a movie. Loved it and was hoping for more than one show a week, alas not to be. Can't wait for Episode 2 at the weekend, and this coming from someone sceptical about all things American TV! Must be made by HBO, the only channel with any US kudos, tits and everything in it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
apart from that, not bad
I'm guessing we are going to have a 101 'clues' going one way or the other, right through till the end.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yep, I too enjoyed it. Shame you have to wait a week between episodes

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't imagine anyone who watched it last week, needs reminding about, 9pm tonight.

But those that haven't seen it, you've only a couple of hours to catch up.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Stumbled across it last Sunday thinking it was a movie. Loved it and was hoping for more than one show a week, alas not to be. Can't wait for Episode 2 at the weekend, and this coming from someone sceptical about all things American TV! Must be made by HBO, the only channel with any US kudos, tits and everything in it!

Why the hell didn't anyone mention this sooner!!!! I WILL BE WATCHING

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here