Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeland Chl4 (complete with 'Spoiler Alert')

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A former Etonian, and a big gay goose.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Tedious episode, 4th episode running hints re mates relationship when he knew it in the first. Not discussed his time away or her time at home at all, why would you they've only been apart 8 years.
see they nicked it from Israeli TV series, anyone seen it, can't believe is not shorter & pacier

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've just had to watch last nights, again, as I had a long blink some point in the middle.

It turns out I slept through the white light/noise, sleep deprivation section. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How bloody good was that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hadn't checked the TV guide, so I thought it finished as the VP was ushered into the holding room.
I was sh*tting bricks.

Nevertheless, I think they played a blinder with the entire series, fantastic stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I hope they hang on to what made the show, such a thriller.
Instead of disappearing up it's trying to be too clever, backside.

For me a good programme is one I don't over think while watching, I just let it happen.
So when the sniper got Brodie in I was 'of course brilliant'.

I can't believe that's 2 and a half months gone already.

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Tedious episode, 4th episode running hints re mates relationship when he knew it in the first. Not discussed his time away or her time at home at all, why would you they've only been apart 8 years.
see they nicked it from Israeli TV series, anyone seen it, can't believe is not shorter & pacier

It acknowledges that Israeli series in the opening credits I think.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that Obama loves it, does seem to give it an air of authenticity.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I loved the series except for the end. It was brilliant how the sniper got Brodie in and the tension of Brodie standing in the containment area, wondering where the VP was was excellent as well. But, although I can accept that the jacket may have failed I was disappointed that the writers copped out by having Brodies daughter contact his dad just as he was about to press the button. To have Brodie in the 2nd series as some kind of Islamic friendly "Policy" maker (as Nidal says "Why kill a man, when you can kill an idea", smacks of the American public not willing to see their VP or President get killed and having the "terrorists" have the upper hand, even in a fictional TV series.

They should have ended it with the explosion, or with Carrie shooting Brodie. I couldn't see how Brodie was gonna be in the 2nd series, but I guess that this allows him to be. A bit of a cop out really, but I will still watch the 2nd series.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was never not going to be in a second series, which made it all the more compelling, in a how the bloody he is he getting out of this, stylee.

As much as you're right re daughter cop out, it still made top quality edge of seat drama.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
2nd series looks a bit predictable with Brodie going up the political ranks and Carrie ending up trying to assassinate him. But assume lots of intrigue along the way

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
2nd series looks a bit predictable with Brodie going up the political ranks and Carrie ending up trying to assassinate him. But assume lots of intrigue along the way
Thanks for that, saves us watching it now.

The spoiler alert is for the FIRST series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here