Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Homeland Chl4 (complete with 'Spoiler Alert')

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I missed about 5 episodes before the finale but still enjoyed it. Some great moments of tension. Damien Lewis is a class act no matter what his orientation is .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's married to, whatshername, big theatre actress, Helen? can't recall, will have to look it up...
Probably a drag artist, I can't imagine I was wrong :lol:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Brody clearly checks garage door is locked then a minute later daughter turns handle & it pops open, nice clear phone signal in that underground bomb proof bunker maybe they could advise with signals from the Amex, typical US cop out 'happy' ending. Prefer subtitles

The inspiration/original Prisoners of War Israeli 10 parter starts Thursday

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
nice clear phone signal in that underground bomb proof bunker maybe they could advise with signals from the Amex,
Carrie made a point of saying 'use my phone to get the secret service', and the phone Brody was handed was a big one with the extra aerial, but that's enough tech talk from me.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Vegas Seagull

You're too-cool-for-school act with this series doesn't really work if it appears you watched all the episodes. If I don't like a programme I just wouldn't waste my time watching it

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Brody clearly checks garage door is locked then a minute later daughter turns handle & it pops open, nice clear phone signal in that underground bomb proof bunker maybe they could advise with signals from the Amex, typical US cop out 'happy' ending. Prefer subtitles

The inspiration/original Prisoners of War Israeli 10 parter starts Thursday

On what channel?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Have to say I was disappointed - only watched it because my wife enjoyed it, though appreciate I'm in the tiny minority on here.

I think what annoyed me from the very beginning was the "mad woman that no-one believes" theme, and the idea that no-one would notice all the video bugs in Brodie's house (excluding the garage, obviously).

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
On what channel?
Sky Arts I think.

And for those thinking that Homeland was 'nicked' from the Israeli series, I believe they were both written by the same person.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Sky Arts I think.

And for those thinking that Homeland was 'nicked' from the Israeli series, I believe they were both written by the same person.

I don't have that channel but thankyou anyway for the information.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It was in fact a classic "Scooby Doo " ending..... after all that we find he would have got away with it if it hadn't have been for a pesky kid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Very good.

dgh123

Aug 7, 2011
Season 2 airing in the US on the 30th of next month...
And in the Autumn here!!!!

:rave: :rave: :rave: punk:

starting to get exited

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Ok, so this is the thread for spoilers. Just watched it all (didn't even know the wife had sky plused it). Enjoyed it, but some of the plot was annoying.
although I can accept that the jacket may have failed I was disappointed that the writers copped out by having Brodies daughter contact his dad just as he was about to press the button.
Yep, a bit much - everyone thinks Carrie is mad, but she saved everyone. Was there any need for Saul to get Carrie 'contained'? Was she really causing that much bother just speaking to him on the phone? Why did Abu Nazir ask Brody to kill Walker as a test - if Brody had decided not to be a terrorist, but to be a Marine, how is getting that Marine to shoot a terrorist a test? A better test would be to get him to kill an innocent civilian. And why would Nazir want to lose Walker, who has performed perfectly, and will continue to waste police time just by being alive? Daft.

They should have ended it with the explosion, or with Carrie shooting Brodie. I couldn't see how Brodie was gonna be in the 2nd series, but I guess that this allows him to be. A bit of a cop out really, but I will still watch the 2nd series.
This this this and this. Explosion would have been great, we'd be looking forward to the second series so much more. So what if they'd have to replace a character, big deal. As it was, we knew he couldn't die, so it became obvious his daughter would talk him out of it. Opportunity missed.

bhamex1901

Dec 20, 2010
There's an interview with Damian Lewis where he is asked how long he thinks the show can go on for. His response is something along the lines of, as long as we want. This suggests another decent series with an irritating ending just so they can get away with future series.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
There's an interview with Damian Lewis where he is asked how long he thinks the show can go on for. His response is something along the lines of, as long as we want. This suggests another decent series with an irritating ending just so they can get away with future series.
Exactly. It would have been better with Brodie dead and Walker as the threat they're trying to deal with while Nazir has a more devious sinister plot up his sleeve.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here