Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd Signs for Brighton On a TWO DAY Loan Deal

bhafc123

Feb 24, 2009
f*** no's its obviously not meant to be so why bother he will prob come and get injured and be out for ages!

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
This WAS actually for real. The story did actually appear on the Cambridge website saying that Holdroyd had signed for 2 days with a view to a pernament deal going through on Monday. However, as has been said elsewhere on the thread, the story was swiftly taken down.

Strange.

So the shambles in the first place for leaking the story was down to CUFC, and now this from them... Something is going on there, and I don't think its a mistake... any ideas what they are playing at? (or am i chasing a conspiracy theory?)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
We have 2 first choice Murray and Forster (36 yrs old)
1 back up Dickinson
1 who is virtually finished as a goal scorer OGH
1 who couldnt score if he was stood on the goalline so is out on loan Davies.
1 17 year old who is not ready for the first team yet. Barker

So we do not have an abundance of talent up front.

I should have said - not desperately short of forwards for tomorrow.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Cambridge obviously know he's signing but have been told to take it down for some reason, why would they put a story up confirming it if it wasn't true? ???

Slightly farcical to be quite honest.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
What a joke of a club we are. We can't even sign a player from the conference without it being a total mess.

:dunce:

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Cambridge obviously know he's signing but have been told to take it down for some reason, why would they put a story up confirming it if it wasn't true? ???

Slightly farcical to be quite honest.

Could be they want to confirm his registration before announcing the signing!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Would the FA have turned down the 2 day loan deal because it is a blatent way of us trying to get around their rules regarding the amount of time a player must be at a club before he can play?

Thus causing Cambridge to take the story down.

That is my most plausible explaination...

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Would the FA have turned down the 2 day loan deal because it is a blatent way of us trying to get around their rules regarding the amount of time a player must be at a club before he can play?

Thus causing Cambridge to take the story down.

That is my most plausible explaination...

Seems a sensible theory to me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Probably easier to get him eligible for tomorrow if it is a loan move, and then if he doesn't score atleast two goals tomorrow we can f*** HIM OFF!! :facepalm:

that made me really laugh ..........great post if a little cynical

Pigeon

Jan 24, 2010
The Cambridge page is empty! So we should not beleive any deal has been done untill we see him on the bench tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here