Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holroyd Signs for Brighton On a TWO DAY Loan Deal

luke17

Oct 9, 2003
Yes, I'm sure that's exactly what happened :facepalm:

One minute he wants to sign for us then he comes out saying he doesnt want to move away from where he is living now and then is in talks with Norwich, that deal falls through then knowing the window closes in a couple of days and with no club to sign for he thinks 'oh i'll sign for Brighton' who i dont really want to play for as it means moving away...Make your mind up ???

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Quality.

Out of interest - what was your negotiating stance ?

Negotiations started with a "come one, you know you want to" and quickly moved on to "all the other girls do it, you don't want to feel left out do you?". When these two very reasonable statements were rebutted(?) I upped the ante to "I'll buy you two pairs of those shoes you like, you know, the ones with the big chunky heals" and she gave in. Having a bit of a fetish for shoes I considered it a win/win situation and gave myself a very big pat on the back, especially when she agreed to 'debut' whilst wearing a pair.

Anyway, about this Holroyd chap...........

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
One minute he wants to sign for us then he comes out saying he doesnt want to move away from where he is living now and then is in talks with Norwich, that deal falls through then knowing the window closes in a couple of days and with no club to sign for he thinks 'oh i'll sign for Brighton' who i dont really want to play for as it means moving away...Make your mind up ???

That sounds about right:facepalm:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Negotiations started with a "come one, you know you want to" and quickly moved on to "all the other girls do it, you don't want to feel left out do you?". When these two very reasonable statements were rebutted(?) I upped the ante to "I'll buy you two pairs of those shoes you like, you know, the ones with the big chunky heals" and she gave in. Having a bit of a fetish for shoes I considered it a win/win situation and gave myself a very big pat on the back, especially when she agreed to 'debut' whilst wearing a pair.

:laugh:

So, how did the story end, was it a disaster?

Why didn't you just wait til she was asleep and get the margerine at the ready, think of the money you'd have saved :shrug:

Sorry.

Sorry.

After the car crash that was the "Would you" thread the other day, I promised myself I'd calm down a bit. :facepalm:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Sod Holroyd....this is far more exciting. Got any pics HJ:p

:dunce:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3327826 said:
Why didn't you just wait til she was asleep and get the margerine at the ready, think of the money you'd have saved :shrug:

I'd tried something similar with the first Mrs.Joe which may have had something to do with me having to get another one in.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
She loved it of course and we haven't looked back since, well, she hasn't anyway.

Hmm well if we are drawing comparisons to the Holroyd scenario lets hope it end up the same...well.. not exactly the same..but along those lines.

pyi

Jul 24, 2007
Friday, 29 January 2010
Chris off - Holroyd move to Brighton back on?
It's been quite a day for revelations.

First we had Tony Blair declaring that he'd invade Iraq all over again if he had to - no surprise there perhaps. Then it was revealed that England's brave John Terry ((c) The Fiver) is the player who slapped (not literally I hope) a leading tabloid with a super-injunction to block them from printing sordid revelations about his private life. Sounds like JT will have some bridges to rebuild with his England pals, ahem.

And finally we have Chris Holroyd's on/off/on/off/on/off/zzzzzzzzzz move to Brighton, which, despite being declared dead in the water earlier today by their version of the CEN, appears to now be back on again. You gotta love local papers, haven't you? A story also appeared on our official site, then was taken down again shortly afterwards, possibly an indication of somebody jumping the gun in announcing the news. In any case, it would seem that it is finally a done deal. Maybe.

And it's probably best for all involved that Chrissy goes now. Admittedly our goal threat will be seriously depleted, but I'm not sure what sort of contribution he would have made had he been waiting around for a summer move. You may remember that Stuart Fleetwood's goal tally at Forest Green dropped off after Christmas a couple of years ago, when it became clear he would be moving on. I expect that even if a player is trying his best, subconsciously you must hang back a bit in fear of injuring yourself and ruining a potential big move.

The only problem with this saga having dragged on for so long is that Lingy now only has three days to secure a replacement. Hopefully he already has some targets in mind.
Posted by Matthew Gooding at 5:23 PM
Labels: Brighton and Hove Albion, Chris Holroyd, John Terry
0 comments:
It's a funny old world:lol:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
The real reason is Holroyd was offered a contract but even with that he was still on more money at cambridge so is very reluctant to move

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My take on this is that he signed for 2 days to enable him to play tomporrow if needed, which is obvious, and that we insisted that Cambridge remove the details from their website in order to prevent other clubs making a last ditch attempt to sign him a la Spurs and Eider Gudjohnson.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
strange but good news.
just hope everyone gives this guy a chance, hes already had a fair bit of stick on here before he has even signed.
We do not know the circumstances, so dont just assume he was being greedy!

sounds like it may have been his agent being greedy?
Poyet says that Holroyd "was excited" at the prospect of coming here and from the Cambridge end Ling only refers to the agent being involved in talks with us.

Certainly when it came down to the wire the lad seems to have been in a hurry to come to us and my guess is he will feature from the bench tomorrow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here