Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway on CMS.

LukeOwen

Jun 7, 2011
Hampshire
Sorry, anyone saying he maybe is speaking sense, im pretty sure leicester can pay him more money. He came to us because he can see we might do well + the personal touch of brighton as someone posted up there^
Please can we give him some serious abuse tomorrow.TWAT.

C1 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Wiltshire
Really, as a fine, upstanding parent I should be berating my boy for using bad language on NSC. However, on this occasion he's quite right......Holloway is a prize TWAT,
Brighton - going up and going places, Blackpool-going down and going nowhere!
I hope Mr H can hear us OK all the way from the WSU :)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
I'm guessing 90% of people in football are thinking the same thing to be fair.

Dude...i'm loving the signature...class!

Oh and by the way...surprised with Holloway saying that. Gone down in my estimations a bit.

gjr69

Aug 19, 2011
Think you are getting the wrong end of the stick with this one lads. Blackpool fans and to some extent Holloway have been less than happy with our summer transfer dealings. I think the point Olly is making is that good players will go to smaller clubs like us and yourselves if you are prepared to pay the wages. Unfortunately we have a chairman who is more interested in what he can take out of the club. We would love to have signed CMS but our chairman would never sanction it.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I can't see what all the fuss is about. Why is everyone getting so worked up? Yes its total bullshit what he said, because Leicester etc would definately have paid CMS more than us, but I don't see why we need to give him abuse. Other people have said a lot worse.
I hope this doesn't turn into another Nigel Adkins situation, because that was actually quite embarrassing how big it all got over some silly comment.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I would love it, if CMS scored the winner in the 94th minute and then to ran over to the Carrot Crunching Ginger Tosser and cupped his ear with one hand and the hand giving the rubbing money hands gesture.

That would just be comedy genius.....PLEEEEEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! :lolol:

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Whats peoples problem with Holloway?! The man is an absolute breath of fresh air in football. Honest, passionate and British! He has the same opinion of CMS as alot of people do, and I can see why. Outside of rhe Albion, people don't get it. But CMS was groomed by Gus and then mr Bloom did his financial wizardy, but it was the mixture of the two which signed him. Also, isn't it true Sven didn't want to meet him before signing? The personal touch meant a lot, according to CMS himself.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Sven was in Thailand with his owners at the time. (Probably 'avin' it in some beer bar in Pattaya!)

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Think you are getting the wrong end of the stick with this one lads. Blackpool fans and to some extent Holloway have been less than happy with our summer transfer dealings. I think the point Olly is making is that good players will go to smaller clubs like us and yourselves if you are prepared to pay the wages. Unfortunately we have a chairman who is more interested in what he can take out of the club. We would love to have signed CMS but our chairman would never sanction it.

Fair play mate. But West Ham and Leicester would of been able to pay higher wages, without a doubt. I like Holloway, his press conference before Man U last season was hilarious! But on this particular subject i think he is wrong. Still good to have a manager like him in football though, a breath of fresh air at times.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
He should not wind himself up, with a dodgy ticker.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003

oh no you've done it now

describing us as a small club is bound to get some people seriously irate

gjr69

Aug 19, 2011
To be fair i said smaller, all the stuff a lot of your fans are saying on here is exactly the same kind of comments we have had over the last few years. Strangely it happened less in the prem. where a club and team were judged on it's own merits, but in the championship the east midlands lot and others have a massive superiority complex. Don't think this applies to Blackpool fans and i think the point Olly was making has just not come across very well.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
In many people's eyes we are a small club, and in reality we have been ( potential aside ) for 20+ years.

That perception will change rapidly, but for now let them believe it and underestimate us.

Going to be loving all the "won't last the pace", and "with all due respect, we should be beating clubs like Brighton" remarks we will be getting all season.

They will know the reality by next year.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

Oh absolutely this. Mind you, it's hard to sneak under the radar if you're sitting in the top 2 :lolol:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I hope this doesn't turn into another Nigel Adkins situation, because that was actually quite embarrassing how big it all got over some silly comment.

this

unless you are a brighton fan or a peterborough fan and have paid attention to the transfer and the reasons for it happening, it's very strange that a player would turn down the chance to go to one of the biggest clubs in the division in west ham or even the premiership with qpr for a smaller club like brighton. the natural conclusion to draw, and one that i think a lot of fans around the country have done due to the way we've splashed the cash this summer, is that it must have been very attractive financially

you just have to look at glenn murray. he had interest from millwall who very nearly made the play offs last season and southampton who will be fighting for promotion this year. yet he went to palace. why? well, vritually every single brighton fan has concluded that to go to a smaller team it must have had something to do with money...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Chaps, I've just listened to the whole interview and it's very easy to take that one sentence out of context, I think there's more than a touch of tabloid reporting going on here.

He was actually quite complimenatry about Gus and our club. I think the Blackpool fan has covered it above, it was more a dig at his own board than it was at us or CMS.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW FOR YOURSELVES BEFORE YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. It's on their version of player.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
"Look at the teams who we're after him....and where did he end up? Brighton. So it ain't about how big you are it's about how much you pay them."

Going down the Fat Sam line then. There's a surprise.

I can hear WANKER WANKER WANKER being sung tomorrow already,what a prize dirty thick northern barstad he is.:dunce::albion2::albion2:

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Chaps, I've just listened to the whole interview and it's very easy to take that one sentence out of context, I think there's more than a touch of tabloid reporting going on here.

He was actually quite complimenatry about Gus and our club. I think the Blackpool fan has covered it above, it was more a dig at his own board than it was at us or CMS.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW FOR YOURSELVES BEFORE YOU JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS. It's on their version of player.

Hands up, I was a bit naughty just picking out that quote. Knew it would provoke a reaction!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here