Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway on CMS.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
How does he respond? By scoring? That doesn't really change anything - not publicly.

CMS, the Albion, Peterborough United chairman (wotsisface - Darrah something, the bloke who looks like a Westlife tribute act reject), Barry Fry - they've all stated the move was not about money. Such clarity and lack of ambiguity is beyond the wit of the likes of Holloway and Allaryce, it would seem.

In reality, this swipe isn't about CMS' playing quality, it's a swipe against the Albion, and about Holloway getting his excuses in early - '...this is what happens when you've got money...' etc.

Spot on!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
It's early in the season so far but seems that CMS's decision is vindicated on a footballing basis, and perhaps also a financial basis should we achieve a shock promotion (unlikely).

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yes, He's a knob for saying this, if he is incorrect.
But do we have to get offended everytime another manager mentions us?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
He WAS offered more money elsewhere and he came to us for footballing reasons. We are a good side playing some great football and there is a Zeitgeist around Brighton at the moment. Why can't people see that? Are we that small a club?

In many people's eyes we are a small club, and in reality we have been ( potential aside ) for 20+ years.

That perception will change rapidly, but for now let them believe it and underestimate us.

Going to be loving all the "won't last the pace", and "with all due respect, we should be beating clubs like Brighton" remarks we will be getting all season.

They will know the reality by next year.

:amex: :amex: :amex:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Maybe feeling a bit of pressure after losing on weds after we beat Cardiff?

In June 2004, Holloway took part in the BBC series Stress Test. The documentary addressed the fits of rage which were disrupting Holloway's home life, with the help of psychologists and an anger management expert. Holloway said afterwards: "If I hadn't done that programme, I wouldn't be sitting here now. Before I did it, I believed that I was a person who was kind, considerate, and believed in free speech. The anger management expert showed me I was a jumped-up, obnoxious little git who wouldn't listen at home because of what happened at work. If I'd carried on the way I was, I would have destructed everything I had." As a result he changed his attitude, and painted Promotion, an abstract canvas in the style of Jackson Pollock which hangs in the lounge of the family home.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I'm guessing 90% of people in football are thinking the same thing to be fair.

this

turning down far bigger clubs to go to a smaller one is ALWAYS going to appear that it is done for money. infact, that is EXACTLY what nearly every single albion fan said about murray going to palace...

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, He's a knob for saying this, if he is incorrect.
But do we have to get offended everytime another manager mentions us?

Everytime someone says a bad thing about Brighton, Gus or any of our players we seem to get a multitude of posts by over-sensitive bambinos crying their eyes out that anyone could ever say a bad word about anything Albion related.

I prescribe these. Naylor recommended.

chillp10.jpg

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
No recognition that CMS may have chosen Brighton so he'd be the lynch-pin of an ambitious team on the up - rather that a bit part player amongst ex-premiership wash-ups at a club on the way down?

Disappointingly unrefreshing from holloway.
Not going to offend anyone if he says that, is he?

Seems a strangely unnecessary thing to say really, especially after the kind words from Gus.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
how holloway can bang on about money is beyond me . what about those £40 mil parachute payments you cheeky little chappy cvnt eh?

the ones that he'll never see because the blackpool board are (quite rightly) using them to safeguard the future of the club?

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
I would love it, if CMS scored the winner in the 94th minute and then to ran over to the Carrot Crunching Ginger Tosser and cupped his ear with one hand and the hand giving the rubbing money hands gesture.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Everytime someone says a bad thing about Brighton, Gus or any of our players we seem to get a multitude of posts by over-sensitive bambinos crying their eyes out that anyone could ever say a bad word about anything Albion related.

I prescribe these. Naylor recommended.

chillp10.jpg

I agree with this, but stand by my (original and independent of CMS blather) position of thinking he's a complete TWONK. He just is.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I'm guessing 90% of people in football are thinking the same thing to be fair.

Maybe. I think it's something that the press, in their laziness, picked up on - without considering (or maybe even ignoring) the opinions and attitudes of the main characters - and the 'money move' has now gone on to become gospel.

Doesn't necessarily make them right, mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here