Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Holloway on CMS.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
Was working in blackpool recently and didnt see any blackpool shirts. Saw a family of four in FULL Blackburn rovers kit. That is all

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
If he did say that, then he didn't do much research before making such an obviously stupid comment.

TJx

The WOMEN'S opinion!
Aug 19, 2011
Withdean
If he did say that, then he didn't do much research before making such an obviously stupid comment.

some people really have it in for brighton dont they, pure jealousy if you ask me... probably never thought we'd make it this far and with such
an awesome stadium.

MUG

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's a complete TWONK, approximately 3% as amusing as he thinks he is.

Yeah, agree with that. He made a couple of witty remarks years ago at QPR, then suddenly he just seemed to be trying too hard to be funny all the time. It got to the point where he would be scribbling notes in the 2nd half and I'd be thinking it's more likely to be notes about his post-match press conference, than formations etc.

Let's not forget he was the guy who froze Zamora out at Rovers, and even after the goals he scored on loan with us, he played him out wide in pre-season. While it was to our enormous benefit, there is considerable evidence that he is a twonk!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
Agreed. Amazing how many people still fall for his act. Quite a few on here it would seem. I found him mildly amusing for about 2/3 months, then he just started coming across as an attention seeking moaning twat who always says something "controversial" because he's a "character".

THIS. He is a prick. He loves the camera more than he loves football. He's as funny as a car crash. Where's he from? Oh yeah, the West CUNTry!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was working in blackpool recently and didnt see any blackpool shirts. Saw a family of four in FULL Blackburn rovers kit. That is all

When u say kit PLEASE tell me you don't mean shorts on all 4? Pleeeeeeeease?! Socks too :lol ?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
some people really have it in for brighton dont they, pure jealousy if you ask me... probably never thought we'd make it this far and with such
an awesome stadium.

MUG

There's a minority who are jealous as f*** and bitter... I like to think the majority of 'real' fans who know what we've been through are pleased for us though.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
his threatened by us, but i do think CMS is on alot of money, more than most on here think he is.

Allegedly he is on around 25k a week. How true this is I dont know but thats a hell of a wage for a Championship player IF he is on that kind of money.

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
When u say kit PLEASE tell me you don't mean shorts on all 4? Pleeeeeeeease?! Socks too :lol ?

the dad was the worst one had socks and black trainers on. I was half expecting shinpads, captains armband and a lucozade sports bottle! " look at us we're come all the way from blackburn!" yes mate about 30 miles away! Good effort on the expensive holiday in blackpool, probably cheaper to go abroad. Not that i'm judging! :lol:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
What makes me laugh is the fact that for years opposing fans, managers etc would always have a pop at us for having a shit ground, no atmosphere and rubbish facilities.

Now all of a sudden since TB has funded the stadium and the club are generating vast amounts more income themselves through ticket sales, merchandise, food, and the corporate side of things, it seems half of the clubs in the league seem to have become jealous. Even some of the Pompey fans I spoke to last week couldn't get over the fact that we had spent so much (in their words) this summer - this is from a club who spent vast sums of the banks money to buy the FA Cup !

You can't f**king win ! Either we were knocked for having a shit stadium in the past, or we're being knocked now we have a bit of money.

I still like characters like Holloway, regardless if he spends most of his time talking out of his arse.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
I actually don't rate Holloway and his press conferences at all. I think it's all hot air and clumsy half-point-making awkwardness tbh.

His cringeworthy and misplaced 'sticking-up for 'Sir' Alex' press conference(s) last season made this latest misplaced remark less of a surprise and I find him easy enough to dislike for it.

(Have also heard stories of his mistreatment of certain local journos and staff.)

Anyway, if him and Hippo Allardyce want to spout nonsense let them. They are the ones making (bigger) idiots of themselves.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:lol:
What makes me laugh is the fact that for years opposing fans, managers etc would always have a pop at us for having a shit ground, no atmosphere and rubbish facilities.

Now all of a sudden since TB has funded the stadium and the club are generating vast amounts more income themselves through ticket sales, merchandise, food, and the corporate side of things, it seems half of the clubs in the league seem to have become jealous. Even some of the Pompey fans I spoke to last week couldn't get over the fact that we had spent so much (in their words) this summer - this is from a club who spent vast sums of the banks money to buy the FA Cup !

You can't f**king win ! Either we were knocked for having a shit stadium in the past, or we're being knocked now we have a bit of money.

I still like characters like Holloway, regardless if he spends most of his time talking out of his arse.

I agree and top fishing by the OP (6 pages)

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Yeah, agree with that. He made a couple of witty remarks years ago at QPR, then suddenly he just seemed to be trying too hard to be funny all the time. It got to the point where he would be scribbling notes in the 2nd half and I'd be thinking it's more likely to be notes about his post-match press conference, than formations etc.

Let's not forget he was the guy who froze Zamora out at Rovers, and even after the goals he scored on loan with us, he played him out wide in pre-season. While it was to our enormous benefit, there is considerable evidence that he is a twonk!

A little unfair on Holloway there with the Zamora situation - you have to remember that Bobby was 19 and raw, and Holloway had Jamie Cureton, Jason Roberts and Nathan Ellington all banging in goals for fun for Rovers at the time... and anyway, it worked to our advantage big style!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I listened to the whole of his interview (11 minutes long!) and came to the conclusion that he tends to speak before thinking, which of course gives the odd comedy moment but in the main part makes his interviews a little incoherent. I don't think he's got any issue with Brighton really, I also get the impression that he doesn't really understand how we play.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
ask plymouth fans about holloway , not too well liked daarn vaar.....!!! and he looks like gollum and he's gonna get tonked today...:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here