Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Spain news not good

nightmare if you are heading there

But arguably good news for the rest of us, if it means that at long last the UK government has got its act together and is reacting quickly and sensibly to news of surges in the coronavirus elsewhere.

Anyone who booked a holiday abroad in the current environment and thought it was going to be risk-free clearly hasn’t been paying attention

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
So Shapps is out there? Says he’s going to complete his holiday so obviously FCO guidance not too much to worry about?! [emoji15]

No way and his family will stay in the house for 14 days on their return- he’ll get papped out and about doing something.

5becb90af635310c8d9b02da26f2ddcc.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I would never normally choose it due to its ‘clubber’ reputation but we are booked at Grand Palladium White Island in Playa D’en Bossa. It’s not my favourite part of Ibiza aesthetically I must say but the price we got for late August was too good to refuse. I’m not holding my breath though, it’s quite frustrating actually a big part of my enjoyment of holidays is the excitement in the build up, which is lacking with all this going on.

Hopefully Spain get the outbreaks under control, otherwise summer will officially be cancelled.

Just as an FYI - I’ve got some mates living in Ibiza at the moment and they’ve said PDB is a ghost town with a lot of bars and restaurants not open at all. If the hotel is good & you don’t mind going into Ibiza Town you’ll be ok.

San An seems to be quite a bit better for restaurants open at least

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
But arguably good news for the rest of us, if it means that at long last the UK government has got its act together and is reacting quickly and sensibly to news of surges in the coronavirus elsewhere.

Anyone who booked a holiday abroad in the current environment and thought it was going to be risk-free clearly hasn’t been paying attention

Most employers told employees at the beginning of outbreak that if you gambled by going abroad, don’t expect to be paid if quarantines announced. And as you say, anyone who hadn’t though this scenario was possible clearly has been on another planet. I’m quite pleasantly surprised by the news interviews this morning, people seem to be accepting of the situation and not blaming the government for a change. Most un British!

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just as an FYI - I’ve got some mates living in Ibiza at the moment and they’ve said PDB is a ghost town with a lot of bars and restaurants not open at all. If the hotel is good & you don’t mind going into Ibiza Town you’ll be ok.

Cheers for the update :) Yeah I had read on TA it’s quite dead, our hotel is AI so we wouldn’t need to venture out much but Im figuring the holiday probably won’t happen now anyway, we don’t fly till August 30th, it’s a toss up really, the price we got is just ridiculous and we won’t ever get the hotel for the same price again but at the same time I can’t be bothered with the will we won’t we go scenario again.

Been looking at Lassi in Kefalonia instead, always wanted to go after we went there on a day trip from Zante 10 years ago, could be a more viable option. It’s hard to see spanish infection rates dropping suddenly but then again, that will probably be cancelled too knowing my luck with holidays last 12 months :lolol:

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Anyone tried to get thru to Easyjet, tried last week on official number after they changed my flight, gave up after 45 minutes hold, any tips on getting thru??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

The big clubs are closed for the season, although some open air venues are open. This would have an effect on Playa D’en Bossa.

Wise move to refuse clubs opening imo and a long time mate who lives there tells me that there is no Covid spike there...at the moment

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The big clubs are closed for the season, although some open air venues are open. This would have an effect on Playa D’en Bossa.

Wise move to refuse clubs opening imo and a long time mate who lives there tells me that there is no Covid spike there...at the moment

Indeed. I saw a report that said restaurants can’t get enough lobsters. Instead of the rich spend £2k a night in a club , they’re going out for big expensive dinners instead.

San An & Ibiza Town much busier from what I hear

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Interesting to see if we see quarantine imposed from other areas of Europe is in the near term, a lot of people away in the continent right now

Can see why the government has taken this decision, but 4 hours notice is just cruel to so many people.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Interesting to see if we see quarantine imposed from other areas of Europe is in the near term, a lot of people away in the continent right now

Can see why the government has taken this decision, but 4 hours notice is just cruel to so many people.

Alternatively, leave it for a bit, see if there are any outbreaks. If there are, then blame the Govt. for acting too slowly.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Taken a sledge hammer to the situation

Can these people test when home?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
We're not at any level worth shouting about.

Having travelled to work through lockdown I'm now on furlough, 6 weeks at home getting paid is the best holiday I've ever had!

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Taken a sledge hammer to the situation

Can these people test when home?

I think Gov rules out testing at airports on arrival partly because it is possibly for people to have picked up the infection but still test negative in the first few days.

That’s why countries like Australia etc put people in hotels for 14 days on arrival and kept testing them throughout the period.

Also the logistics would be challenging no doubt.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Would it be cruel on the people that get infected if someone brings it back and they just carry on as if nothing was wrong?

I have some sympathy for those that have gone but we are in the middle of a pandemic when the rules/guidelines can change at short notice. People took a gamble that everything will be ok and booked their flights.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here