Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hodgeson leaves Liverpool

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Roy wasn't good enough for the job, anyone could see that after a couple of months. Dalglish will succeed in getting them playing decent football and get them into the top 7 at least. He's been watching every match and probably has the best football brain in the country still. Just watch them rise again. I'm guessing Deschamps will arrive in the summer.

I agree with Dalglish bringing decent football and more pride to the side, and I think top 8 is a realistic target for the season. But Deschamps has already rejected Liverpool recently, Ragnick or Coyle are my likely candidates.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It always looked like it would end in tears. I think LFC were trying to get back to the "boot room" days where a succession of superb managers occurred.

Shame really as Roy is a very good manager just took the wrong job at the wrong time, he will be back.

Last edited:

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Would you want either Ragnick or Coyle?

Not sure really, seems to be the owners way to look at young options. They would both be a risk, Coyle maybe more so. But both not bad options at the current moment and both play attractive football.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Liverpool like their music (with the odd exception) are living in the 60s,70s and early 80s. They think they are a big club, like Preston, Burnley and Blackpool. They were once but aren't any more. I really like Hodgson and his ability to get teams playing. Them giving him 6 months is total crap and I hope that we play them twice in the league next season. I actually dislike them nearly as much as Franchise Manure PLC.
American Owners!
Huh!

TNBA

TTF

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Liverpool like their music (with the odd exception) are living in the 60s,70s and early 80s. They think they are a big club, like Preston, Burnley and Blackpool. They were once but aren't any more. I really like Hodgson and his ability to get teams playing. Them giving him 6 months is total crap and I hope that we play them twice in the league next season. I actually dislike them nearly as much as Franchise Manure PLC.
American Owners!
Huh!

TNBA

TTF

Hardly in comparison with Preston, Burnley, Blackpool. Won the biggest trophy on offer in 2005 and the FA Cup in 2006. Roy was not good enough for the job, simple.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I've nothing against Liverpool but they're now at the level of Newcastle - a potentially strong club repeatedly undermined by bickering and a series of disastrous, short-term decisions by owners. A lot of the fans have retreated into this stupid "bring back King Kenny/Kev" mentality which makes it worse. Dalglish has the potential to be a disastrous appointment .He's not managed for a decade or more and he's buckled under the pressure before.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I've nothing against Liverpool but they're now at the level of Newcastle - a potentially strong club repeatedly undermined by bickering and a series of disastrous, short-term decisions by owners. A lot of the fans have retreated into this stupid "bring back King Kenny/Kev" mentality which makes it worse. Dalglish has the potential to be a disastrous appointment .He's not managed for a decade or more and he's buckled under the pressure before.

Under the pressure of what Hillsborough did to him mentally, he has still been connected with the game for all that time and will get the side player far better football then Hodgson one touch hoofball.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Which teams fans got english clubs kicked out of Europe for 5 years? Serves them right. I hope they get relegated and end up like Sheffield Wednesday.

Suppose Karma played a part down the line.

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
Which teams fans got english clubs kicked out of Europe for 5 years? Serves them right. I hope they get relegated and end up like Sheffield Wednesday.

Suppose Karma played a part down the line.

facepalm

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I dislike Liverpool more than any other club in this country even Palace - I just have an irrational hatred for them simple as that every time they lose i cheer.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It is pretty funny how the deluded scousers think dalgleish is going to be any different. The team is shit and their yank saviours don't want to put any money in for players.

They're a mid-table club now and won't be attracting a top manager in the summer, who the hell would want that job? The likes of hodgeson is their level now and they can't accept it - hilarious :lolol:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I agree with Dalglish bringing decent football and more pride to the side, and I think top 8 is a realistic target for the season. But Deschamps has already rejected Liverpool recently, Ragnick or Coyle are my likely candidates.

Rangkik, Rijkaard and O'Neil are all unemployed and not sure if they still would be at the end of the season, so while going for Kenny is a popular fan's choice, and someone who can get the crowd back supporting the team, seems odd not to hire one of the afore mentioned.

mourinho might want to prove a point in the Premier League so perhaps they are waiting for him?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
aaahhhh!! I hate people who think football only began in 1992! For the ducking last time you youngsters, there were great teams before man utd and Chelsea. And Blackburn for that matter! Liverpool are still the most successful English team of all time. And teams like everton, forest, villa etc did it before you had to have £200 million just to secure 4th place! Go and read some bloody history and stop banging on about the ducking premiership like nothing existed or counts before that.

This, 100%.

To be honest, I think Benitez left some deep-rooted problems at Anfield; he got out quick enough to preserve some of his reputation, but unfortunately he didn't get out quick enough from the Liverpool point of view. Hodgson is a decent manager, and probably did as well as any other would have done in the circumstances.
I like Liverpool (my second team, after the Albion) but I worry about Dalgleish being appointed - a repeat of Keegan's second coming at Newcastle looms, I fear. Remember, when he managed Liverpool before, he took over a side that were still winning trophies for fun - a lot of managers could have been successful with that team for the next couple of seasons.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I understand Hodgson's reasons for taking the Liverpool job but there are simply some jobs, no matter how big the club, when you have to give it a miss.

Hodgson was NEVER going to work out at Liverpool. Hicks and Gillette had totally destabilised the club and the money had run out. Not getting the stadium also saps confidence, and having a bevy of ex-managers and players sitting over your shoulder was never going to help. Rafa's legacy with the fans is those 2 Champions League finals but he did leave the squad lightweight (although not irreparable damage, IMHO).

I'm sure Stevie G would have been key in getting Joe Cole to come to Anfield, but I can't see Gerrard bigging up Liverpool at the moment and there are signs even second tier players are giving the Reds a miss in favour of the likes of Sunderland, Birmingham and Villa.

I think they're losing a bit of "soul". Some clubs have an identity like Spurs, West Ham and Liverpool. Spurs rediscovered their Mojo with Harry and the only bloke I can think of that might be the long-term answer at Liverpool might be O'Neill.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
God I hope Liverpool flop big time now, got the man they wanted (not managed for god knows how many years) but will still be dealing with the shit players and the over hyped expectation level because they last won the league in 1992 or whenever. Hodgson is best out of it, the way the 'fans' treated him was a disgrace

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Liverpool are a big club.You get to be a big club by winning things.Only Man Utd even get close to Liverpool,and remember where they were under Tommy Doc etc in the mid 70's?
Football goes in cycles and Liverpool are having a bad time at the moment.
Relegated??
Some of you on here really do live in some strange world where reality seldom pervades.
Kenny won't do much better than Roy.Rafa f***ed things right up before he left.No manager can make crap players good.He might get them at least playing for the club though.
Liverpool will finish top six.
They need a new Shankley,but will anybody ever be given the time these days?
Football reflects life,and instant gratification has become part of the way that we live.
Would Fergie have got five years trophyless these days as a new manager?
I doubt it!
Probably only two managers can feel safe in their jobs.Fergie and Wenger.A slide into mid table and you lot on here would be calling for Gus's head.
A few years under the Condems with Camerwrongun at the helm and a touch of Austerity and being suppressed might change things.
Maybe we're too far gone though?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Scousers all of a tizzy... http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news//tm_headline=kenny-dalglish-is-liverpool-fc-manager-as-roy-hodgson-leaves-by-mutual-consent%26method=full%26objectid=27952532%26siteid=100252-name_page.html

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/mult...lglish-replacing-roy-hodgson-100252-27952916/ Video is hysterical in their lack of reality and wishful thinking.

I thought the slide started with Dagliesh when he resigned as manager leaving them with an ageing team who were clearly past their peak. No-one since has managed to invest or talent spot sufficiently. for those who say Liverpool are/were the most successful english club side - yes they were but their last championship was along time ago. You might as well point out how successful Huddersfield Town were in the 1920s, for all the relevance Liverpool's past success has to their latter day comparative failures.

Last edited:

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Dalglish will re galvanise the squad and will do a better job then Hodgson, Kenny has won more trophies as a manager then Roy has away games in England.

I'm sorry but this is complete and utter bollox, he did a runnier the first time when things got difficult and has not had a active participation in management for 15 years, the bin dippers have their wish and now they will suffer - no one left to blame perhaps the players will finally be found out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here