Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey! Wasn't that a great goal by CKR?

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
1066Seagull said:
Oh for fcuk sakes.

I am not explaining myself again.

I DIDN'T want to leave early but I had no choice.

Jesus children.

just because people were talking about early leavers doesnt mean they are speaking of you imperticularly, im quite sure they dont care and dont want to read the same reason for u leaving 5 times in 1 thread

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yorkie said:
One junction to 10, turned off on M329 to Bracknell and picked up the M3 to M25. Cuts off a huge corner.

That is the way the RAC route finder always says to go. Never around the M25 to M4 Junction.

Depending on time of day or night I sometimes go M25 all the way simply because I am on that road and it is easy to keep going at speed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
You've only got to watch CKR in the warm-up to see he's got real scoring talent.

He hammers them in from all angles, right into the corners.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
perseus said:
Who else has scored an Albion header from that distance ever?

Stuart Munday in a 3-2 home win against Southend (I think!), sometime in the early 90's ...

In front of the North Stand, almost on the 18 yd line, bosh ...

I'd say it was a good 4-5 yds further out than CKR's against Cardiff.

:thumbsup:

Repugnant Toad said:
CKR isn't perfect, and you can throw stats around all you like, but what alternative do we have? He's clearly our second-best striker.

On the contrary, he's clearly our best striker juding by ratio of goals to time on the pitch ;)

y2dave said:
CKR should have started. He is by far the most promisng player we have had in years. If MAGOO wants a target man he should open his eyes to the excellent job today by CKR. Brillant in the air and close control.

Thing is, CKR has had a few starts and his form has been inconsistent at best, even more so than Leon Knight's.

A Knight-CKR partnership seems the obvious one and they are probably our best two strikers. But they both have this natural languidness about their play that doesn't bode well for putting opposition defences under presssure. Our kind of limited team does need to disrupt the opposition's tempo as much as possible, and that's why Jake has often made the starting line-up because of his far superior movement and workrate.

ManOnTheRun said:
Stuart Munday in a 3-2 home win against Southend (I think!), sometime in the early 90's ...

In front of the North Stand, almost on the 18 yd line, bosh ...

I'd say it was a good 4-5 yds further out than CKR's against Cardiff.

:thumbsup:

That would be this :-

1992-02-29 Sat. FL D2 (h) W 3-2 1-1 R.Meade, R.Codner,
S.Munday 8271 Southend United

I'll see if I can dig it out.

And, before anyone asks, I went to Brugges yesterday so don't have the goal from Saturday

Woody the Seagull said:
i wasn't there but i hear his other chance was a good one. i wish he scored that one too, would have done wonders for his confidence and made the score a bit more respectable

Yeah, it was an easier chance, one-on-one with the keeper, but he got into 2 minds about whether to shoot or lob, and then did a soft combination of both :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here