Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey! Wasn't that a great goal by CKR?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
y2dave said:
CKR should have started. He is by far the most promisng player we have had in years. If MAGOO wants a target man he should open his eyes to the excellent job today by CKR. Brillant in the air and close control.

Hear Hear - and I left before the goal :(

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I get the impression that CKR can switch off mentally when he's on the pitch for the full 90 mins but is far more alert and dangerous coming off the bench.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
It was a cracking effort from Colin on an otherwise disappointing day.

I agree with Yorkie to a certain extent that both Colin and Jake are better coming off the bench than they are starting. But that is just the way they are learning the game, it isn't the same for all players as I seem to remember a certain Zamora fella being a fairly poor sub but being a sure fire goal-getter when playing the full 90.

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
HAHAHAHAHA to the people that left early serves you right IMO

it was a bit strange when it went in because i cheered yes but ironically really ??? didnt do the usual 2 minute lets go mental cheer

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Yorkie said:
I get the impression that CKR can switch off mentally when he's on the pitch for the full 90 mins but is far more alert and dangerous coming off the bench.

Agree completley.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
it was an incredible goal, me and my mate were there till the end, dont see the point in leaving early even if we are 4-0 down, i have paid to watch my club and i will sing to the end... and then maybe a bit more.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
1066Seagull said:
I was an early leaver. Didn't want to leave early, but we needed to get back early.

Could you explain to me why you went to a game knowing you would have to leave before the end.

What is the point?

Do you leave early from a film because you have be home for your banjo lesson?

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
Hiney said:
Could you explain to me why you went to a game knowing you would have to leave before the end.

What is the point?

Can understand it at withdean to an extent but to go to an away fixture and leave early baffles me. Even at 4-0, does ten minutes make that much difference?

Last edited:

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I shouted out don't shoot from there you spastic and before I had finished saying spastic the ball was in the back of the net!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
fatboy said:
I shouted out don't shoot from there you spastic and before I had finished saying spastic the ball was in the back of the net!

:lolol:

marvelous

1066gull

Hiney said:

What is the point?

I never knew we were going to leave early until I was told at the time. We went to Reading as its close, accessible and we always use to give them a good game.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
El Presidente said:
The one at Wednesday was not spectacular

very good header though, not sure how many of the squad would have got it home

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:

If we don't start him he will never learn to play for 90 minutes.

CKR must start games and have a run in the team

1066gull

Yeh, I know...

The nonly good thing out of it was Elphick despite his sending off. And CKR which I missed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here