Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hey! Wasn't that a great goal by CKR?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
If we don't start him he will never learn to play for 90 minutes.

CKR must start games and have a run in the team

He has started games. He doesn't score in those games.
Each of his 4 goals have been coming off the bench.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yorkie said:
He has started games. He doesn't score in those games.
Each of his 4 goals have been coming off the bench.

That's great but not good enough in the long term, he needs to learn how to concentrate for 90 minutes and score goals playing from the start. The only way the kid can learn to do that is by starting games.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
dwayne said:
That's great but not good enough in the long term, he needs to learn how to concentrate for 90 minutes and score goals playing from the start. The only way the kid can learn to do that is by starting games.

He started the Palace game. There was a thread 4 pages long on here on how bad he was (which he read apparently because of the name calling)

Concentration is not necessarily something that can be taught. It may well come with age and experience.
In the meantime we need him to score goals so therefore if coming off the bench gives us a goal then that is what should happen.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
He didnt start the Palace game. Robinson and Knight started both as the forward pairing
apologies you are right

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
El Presidente said:
The one at Wednesday was not spectacular

Who else has scored an Albion header from that distance ever? Great goal especially in the circumstances in which it happened!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
london_seagull said:
dont see the point in leaving early even if we are 4-0 down, i have paid to watch my club and i will sing to the end... and then maybe a bit more.

What he said, :clap: :clap:

1066gull

Oh for fcuk sakes.

I am not explaining myself again.

I DIDN'T want to leave early but I had no choice.

Jesus children.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
1066Seagull said:
Oh for fcuk sakes.

I am not explaining myself again.

I DIDN'T want to leave early but I had no choice.

Jesus children.
No one has actually mentioned it spacko.
But why do you say you're not going on to explain yourself again before going on to explain yourself again?
What have Jesus' children got to do with this?
Why do you even exist?

Anyway quality goal, he only scores spectacular ones it seems, all his ones for Bury were. Still really needs to improve his all round game though.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I missed CKR goal as I left early when 4 -0 down as I was going straight to the boxing and by leaving early missed the traffic and got to the boxing earlier.

I usually complain about people leaving early cannot see the point but considered that 4 - 0 with 8 mins to go the game was effe ctively over and thus we missed the traffic. One problem stayed on M4/A4 to London and forgot Chelsea were at home even though we were listening to Talk Sport DER!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went cross country via Gulidford on the way but back via the M4 - much quicker.

Zoomed past the yellow Brack'no'bile.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
One junction to 10, turned off on M329 to Bracknell and picked up the M3 to M25. Cuts off a huge corner.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
or......get the train, more chance for burger stops!!!:)

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Yorkie said:
He started the Palace game. There was a thread 4 pages long on here on how bad he was (which he read apparently because of the name calling)

Concentration is not necessarily something that can be taught. It may well come with age and experience.
In the meantime we need him to score goals so therefore if coming off the bench gives us a goal then that is what should happen.

That's all fine, but who do you start with Knight in the meantime? CKR surely has to be a better option than the others - McPhee works his arse off, but has to be at his absolute best to look at home at this level; Robinson may have potential, but simply isn't up to it yet; McCammon? Turienzo may as well not exist ...

CKR isn't perfect, and you can throw stats around all you like, but what alternative do we have? He's clearly our second-best striker.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
1066Seagull said:
Yeh, I know...

The nonly good thing out of it was Elphick despite his sending off. And CKR which I missed.

What was good about Elphick? Without wishing to be overly harsh on the lad ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here