Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"He's fat, he's round, he's taking Brighton down..."

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I am not going to bite.

Of course I do not have all the answers but that does not mean I am not allowed to voice criticism.

Everybody else seems to be able to discuss it in a mature way. Feel free to join in.

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
I'm better than Looney and i'll prove it with fists if need be:wave:

Richie Morris said:
IHow about we discuss the TEAM not different POSTERS?

Richie Morris ratings:

Richie Morris 8

Richie 6
Mowwis 5
Fanzine Genious 6
Cub reporter 9

Willing banter target 7
Attention seeker 7
NSP's bitch 8
Odd Mod 7

Indie music timewaster 8
Post box accessory 6

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
London Irish said:
Richie Morris ratings:

Richie Morris 8

Richie 6
Mowwis 5
Fanzine Genious 6
Cub reporter 9

Willing banter target 7
Attention seeker 7
NSP's bitch 8
Odd Mod 7

Indie music timewaster 8
Post box accessory 6

good stats

Don't do Ernest as he will score ten everytime

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
:lolol:

I am slightly disappointed with the post box rating but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

As far as the team selection went I would like to see McGhee stick with McPhee and Knight for a few games. We need to build a partnership up front and today there were a few times that McPhee won the ball and Knight nearly got the flick on.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Fortunately, both teams were utter toss today, and that was probably the worst game of football i've seen in my life. It certainly wasn't helped by a disgraceful atmosphere.

I agree with Richie, there is no plan B. Derby had us sussed from the first minute, and as a result we created sweet F.A.

Hart did well today, given the fact that he has NO left foot at all. Paul Reid showed himself not to be a full back, and was careless and clumsy throughout.

The midfield was non existant i felt - Frutos was poor, and Charlie/Hammond were non existent.

Oh, and McPhee offered no threat at all.

McGhee needs to come up with some answers i feel, or he's gone. Admittedly, there probably isn't anyone much better for the job (drinking pints of whisky George Burley?), but i'm sure someone could do better than 3 wins in 33.

Continue to play like that this season and we are down, FACT.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
graz126 said:
on the positive side teams are finding it very tough to beat us. but we just need a little luck to turn some of these draws into wins. we also have a decent goal differance to say were we are in the league, this is usually some kind of suggestion that we are not as bad as our position suggest. take a look at crewes goal differance for example.

This time last year we had 22 points so we are not so far adrift.
Other teams are still very close and our goal difference is good in comparison.

Season comparison updated (just one point down)

Derby away - last year loss – draw +1
Reading home - loss - loss
Crewe home loss - draw +1
Hull away (Gillingham) win – loss -3
Preston away loss -draw +1
Plymouth home loss – win +3
Sheff Utd home draw - loss -1
Coventry at home draw - draw
Burnley away draw - draw
Leicester away win- draw -2
Norwich (Wigan) loss-loss
Cardiff draw-loss -1
Palace away(West Ham) win-win
Ipswich home draw – draw
Sheff Wed away (Forest) win- draw -2
Wolves home loss- draw +1
Stoke away loss- loss
Palace home (West Ham) draw – loss gggrrr -1
Cardiff away loss- draw +1
Derby home loss – draw +1

caz

Aug 10, 2005
Alexis should start with Hammond in the midfield, when he playes it gives Hammond more freedom to go forward, he also manages to creates more chances for the wingers .
He is a similar player to Charlie, but alexis is more talented, he's passing is much more accrurate than charlie's.
regarding heading the ball I agree with L.I
alexis is not the best at heading, but football is better played on the ground than lumping it. Charlie was great, but think younger legs are now needed.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
London Irish said:
Richie Morris ratings:

Richie Morris 8

Richie 6
Mowwis 5
Fanzine Genious 6
Cub reporter 9

Willing banter target 7
Attention seeker 7
NSP's bitch 8
Odd Mod 7

Indie music timewaster 8
Post box accessory 6

Nice one :lolol: :lolol:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
looney said:
Morris your a total knobend, I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned to you before.:angry:

Oh it has I assure you. I thought the substitutions worked well today, Derby didn't know what to do against the sudden change in pace.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Beach Hut said:
More so we just about have enough players left to fill the bench.

Demanding what is good and not etc is futile we only need to survive but we will have to up the ante in the second half of the season to do this.

Two very difficult away games coming up - point out of the two would suit me.

Well just being a transfer window where nearly everyone in the bottom part of the table signed someone, whos fault is that?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Well just being a transfer window where nearly everyone in the bottom part of the table signed someone, whos fault is that?

Money

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Ok, so todays result wasn't the best, but surely you guys can see the strides this team has made since last year.

We all know what MM's prorities are in terms of getting in players and we all know where the team has its weaknesses.

We were fortunate to survive last season playing some woeful stuff. At least this season we're giving plenty more teams a game.

If we had a fully fit squad, we'd be sitting comfortably mid-table by now.

The fact is, it isn't all about one season, it's about being there or there about for the future.

We've got a superb crop of players at the club at the moment who are motivated and professional.

The performances have been more than could have been expected this season, it's just a shame the results haven't followed. If we can get Dodd/Carpenter/McCammon fit, we're a different proposition.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Uncle Buck said:
I think for once the club said it was not money, but simply the fact that they could not attract the right players down here, so can we please stop using the lack of money excuse.

How much do you think we have in the budget for players then?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Magoo OUT a striker himself who CANT coach our GLUT of strikers where the goal is.

Go NOW :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
dougdeep said:
How much do you think we have in the budget for players then?

For goodness sake, the fact that we have been approaching players this week, including Ian Pearce suggests there is money in the pot. After all he is on a reasonable wage at Fulham. But as this is NSC lets carry on burying our head in the sand and just using the money excuse.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Uncle Buck said:
For goodness sake, the fact that we have been approaching players this week, including Ian Pearce suggests there is money in the pot. After all he is on a reasonable wage at Fulham. But as this is NSC lets carry on burying our head in the sand and just using the money excuse.

You should be a politician.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here