Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"He's fat, he's round, he's taking Brighton down..."

sir danny cullip said:
Sounds like you are one of a kind! :lolol:

I'm satisfied - our record at Withdean is poor but our reshaped defence did well. Reid was a bit below par and you wonder if that was the reason for the switch of fullbacks. OGH did well on the left and the penalty was harsh, so all in all I thought it was a good switch by McGhee.

McPhee wouldn't be my first choice up front but he rolled up his sleeves and worked hard. CKR and Jake were given chances at the end.

I don't know what more McGhee could have done really, you have to be satisfied against a team that still contains a lot of the classy players that tore us apart last year.

rogue said:
The bottom line is,This team an't good enough to stay up even with a fully fit squad.With Lewes council looking very likely to go through with there appeal,Do you think thats the end of any new players arriving in Jan?Dick might not be so keen to release futher funds.Unless we strenthen then i cannot see us staying up.I'm even prepared to bet L1 over this as well

I agree that if we don't strengthen, it will be very tough for us, but there is still nothing in it in terms of the teams at the bottom, so we have every chance of staying up.

I really don't think Lewes are going to be a factor, to be honest. More of a problem will be McGhee unearthing more undervalued gems like Carole, they don't come along too often.

rogue said:
The bottom line is,This team an't good enough to stay up even with a fully fit squad.With Lewes council looking very likely to go through with there appeal,Do you think thats the end of any new players arriving in Jan?Dick might not be so keen to release futher funds.Unless we strenthen then i cannot see us staying up.I'm even prepared to bet L1 over this as well

I don't think LDC's appeal will affect funds being released. It's LDC's fight with the Government, the club have no involvement.

Personally, I don't think that Nicolas is the answer by any means. We have missed Chippy in midfield.

Today I thought the defence was strong, Hart was outstanding in another unfamiliar position and El-Abd was commanding. Carole and Frutos were causing problems but we do need better final balls from them. McPhee worked hard and caused problems. Knight was pretty anonymous today, even with ball to feet. I'm not surprised he was taken off, he didn't look like he was going to get anything out of the Derby back four, and he was getting clattered with no protection from the ref. It just wasn't his day today, that doesn't mean he wont run the show against Watford or that he should be dropped.

Today was a pretty dour spectacle from two pretty poor sides, but we didn't lose and we didn't concede.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Theatre of Trees said:
We don't exactly have the players to come off the bench and change things around.

That fucker you brought on at Ninian on Tuesday didn't do a bad job!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The Laughing Bluebird said:

He's only come on and scored an equalizer 3 times this season. Three points gained because of him but he's apparently quite shit and a bit of a twat :rolleyes:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Three wins in thirty-six games (or there abouts) = one win every twelve games.

At that rate we will win four games this season.

A manager at ANY other club in the league would be under pressure with that sort of form.

The Laughing Bluebird said:

Robinson was an inch away from getting an EVEN BETTER goal than that today :eek:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Richie Morris said:
Three wins in thirty-six games (or there abouts) = one win every twelve games.

At that rate we will win four games this season.

A manager at ANY other club in the league would be under pressure with that sort of form.
33... That's 1 in 11, not so bad heh?...

:)

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Richie, when I first saw the title of your thread I thought to myself, "Race isn't going to like this one!"

Apart from the 'fat' slur I was pleasantly surprised with the content of your post. It was constructive criticism, which isn't always your style.

There were also some good reasoned replies from LI and KSA. Well done you guys for not entering a slanging match and for giving well thought out contributions.

Today's result was a disaster. We needed three points and the only acceptable result was a win. This was regardless of how well or poorly we played. If we don't string together some home wins very soon (not even the odd one here of there is sufficient) we are guaranteed relegation.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank you. I realise sometimes I do not always articulate my arguments in the way I should and thus have invited abuse.

The thing that gets me is that people seem happy and content with today's performance. Let us not be under any illusions, Derby were RUBBISH.

Last time we went down it was because we did not win our home games against the teams down the bottom. I do not think anyone expects us to beat the likes of Reading and Sheffield United but at home we SHOULD be beating teams in and around the bottom half a dozen.

We simply HAVE to beat Hull City now.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ritcie, you are rapidly becoming an attention seeker with the validity of Watford O. You used to talk some sense but now you're reduced to starting 'contraversial' threads lest we forget you exist.

You're becoming a bore.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I can assure there is nothing attention seeking or contraversial about this thread.

I have posted reasonable and constructive criticism. If the only way you can reply to it is to slag me off then why bother? Surely if I AM the attention seeker you confuse me for then that is just playing into my hands?

How about we discuss the TEAM not different POSTERS?

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
on the positive side teams are finding it very tough to beat us. but we just need a little luck to turn some of these draws into wins. we also have a decent goal differance to say were we are in the league, this is usually some kind of suggestion that we are not as bad as our position suggest. take a look at crewes goal differance for example.

Richie Morris said:
Let us not be under any illusions, Derby were RUBBISH.

*invites abuse*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We are still in touch. It's not going to be pretty and we are going to have to tough it out. I'll settle for a last day of the season victory in the 92nd minute if that's what it takes.

You'd think we were down from some of the posts on here

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Richie Morris said:
I can assure there is nothing attention seeking or contraversial about this thread.

I have posted reasonable and constructive criticism. If the only way you can reply to it is to slag me off then why bother? Surely if I AM the attention seeker you confuse me for then that is just playing into my hands?

How about we discuss the TEAM not different POSTERS?

No point in arguing with you, silly me. Of course you've got all the answers including who will replace McGhee haven't you ? Well you think you have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here