Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's an idea, Micky...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
f*** sake. The messiah has just delivered a FANTASTIC result. Let's not underestimate this - Leicester have lost just ONCE this season, and not at all on the road. They've only conceded EIGHT goals in 12 games. We've totally torn the records up tonight.

Keeping Thornton, who's not fit enough to start every game, on the bench and then unleashing him when needed was a MASTERSTROKE. It's not just pot luck that Micky's subs changed the game. He does that on purpose, you know. It's his JOB. So just shut up, stop moaning, and applaud the return of the king.
There is a hole in the "he's not fit" theory, a massive lardy hole by the name of Kevin McLeod. He comes straight back from injury, carrying even more weight than he was before, and goes straight into the team. Makes no sense. It should be the other way around if anything, Thornton is fitter than McLeod.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I totally agree. Adams seems to be getting his starting eleven wrong week after week. We were DIRE in the first half tonight and Mickey himself seemed to suggest that he got rather lucky with his substitutions. Also, can we please play Cox on the RIGHT and Thornton on the LEFT. We need width.

Careful son, or you'll end up on the binfest I've started entitled 'nsc with egg on their faces' for such negativity... :lolol:

Enjoy the win, we WON FFS!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
f*** sake. The messiah has just delivered a FANTASTIC result. Let's not underestimate this - Leicester have lost just ONCE this season, and not at all on the road. They've only conceded EIGHT goals in 12 games. We've totally torn the records up tonight.

Keeping Thornton, who's not fit enough to start every game, on the bench and then unleashing him when needed was a MASTERSTROKE. It's not just pot luck that Micky's subs changed the game. He does that on purpose, you know. It's his JOB. So just shut up, stop moaning, and applaud the return of the king.

Yeah, you're right. Keeping Thornton on the bench for the last few weeks has been PURE GENIUS, as our FANTASTIC results in that period have clearly shown.

All tonight proves is that if Thornton had been starting in the last 4 or 5 matches we would probably be about 6 or 7 places higher in the table.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
There is a hole in the "he's not fit" theory, a massive lardy hole by the name of Kevin McLeod. He comes straight back from injury, carrying even more weight than he was before, and goes straight into the team. Makes no sense. It should be the other way around if anything, Thornton is fitter than McLeod.

The other massive hole in this ludicrous argument is the fact that in the ONE single game where Thornton did start he absolutely RAN the show.

Thornton has this knack but he does need to start and seriously needs to be kept on only when a games won then we let him reoccupy his warm seat .... then MA and DK need to think about what they want and try and keep him for a further period of seat warming time.

3 points saturday before people walk out at half time ....... priceless :albion2:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Adams is the one who sees him everyday at training and would know if he is fit or not, and who knows if the player hasnt gone to Mickey and said himself that hes not as fit as he should be!

Im sure Adams isnt playing him on the bench for fun!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
But you're just using your own SPECULATION to criticise Micky. He's said he's not fit enough to play 90 minutes. Hell, I'll find you the argus article if you want. Just accept that, and now he's obviously working his way up to bigger and better appearances (remembering he was excellent for half an hour at Hartlepool too) sit back and enjoy him!

AAARRGGGHHHHH!!!

Right. Read this slowly.......

Kevin Thornton started the MATCH against Cheltenham.
He played for 80 minutes before being hauled off after picking up a niggle.
He was the best player on the pitch that day by a COUNTRY MILE.

All this would suggest that he doesn't really have issues with match fitness. Certainly not enough of one to be benched for 5 games running.

If his match fitness was such an issue he would have been shit against Cheltenham and would have spent the whole of the second half wheezing and blowing out of his arse rather than setting up Murray's hat-trick with an exquisite inch-perfect cross.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Well, not really, because McLeod has been back for three games and taken off in every one because he's been poor. Surely that proves Micky RIGHT re Thornton? I'd rather get 45 minutes of CLASS each week than 90 minutes where he's struggling to keep up with the pace of things.
Not sure I understand your argument, because McLeod is playing awfully it's correct to start him over Thornton?

Besides, he played pretty well for 70 odd mintes against Cheltenham then played 120 against Orient. He probably hasn't played 120 minutes combined since then. Just doesn't seem to add up.

How much longer is he here for anyway?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Careful son, or you'll end up on the binfest I've started entitled 'nsc with egg on their faces' for such negativity... :lolol:

Enjoy the win, we WON FFS!

There's no egg on my face. We were very lucky tonight, got the rub of the green and a victory we hardly deserved. A deflected shot, a wonder strike and an own goal are papering over the cracks. We were poor for most of the game. Luckily, Pearson was too shite a manager to nullify our threat. He'll be gone by Christmas.

There are massive issues that need sorting. Look at the perfomances of the likes of Whing, Cox and Richards of late. They were performing very well last season. Who in our squad has improved this season? We're not getting anywhere near the best out of squad that should be top six at least and it comes down to shite tactics and poor team selection.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Thomson is SO much better than everyone else it is silly. SIGN HIM UP!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
How can you consider Johnson match fit when he has played one game for Leeds and made three subs appearances? Yet he starts after a day with the squad and Thornton WHO RAN THE SHOW is on the bench. Johnson's selection was, of course, justified by the goals (although he did little else IMO), but how can you give him 90 minutes and Thornton 45?

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Not sure I understand your argument, because McLeod is playing awfully it's correct to start him over Thornton?

excellent logic if you ask me :jester:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Agree with the Thornton point, I thought his performance on saturday was good but tonight was miles ahead in terms of controlling the midfield and dictating play. MUST start on saturday, dont care if he has to come off after 70 minutes, might as well start positive and get into millwall early doors! Come on the albiooonnn!!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
No, I'm saying that McLeod is an example of exactly why you shouldn't play an unfit player.

Yes, he did play well for an hour against Cheltenham. I didn't go to Orient in the JPT, but everyone I know who did tells me he wasn't particularly good. By this point he'd been with us long enough for Micky to realise he's not up to 90 minutes, and since then he's been building back up to it slowly. I'll give you any odds you want that he'll start on Saturday (on the back of 80 minutes of brilliance against Hartlepool and Leicester) and will be in the team for as long as we have him. This is just an excuse to have a go at Micky, and it's a pretty desperate one as all the usual suspects can't criticise the result tonight.
But Thornton isn't McLeod. They both played for 45 minutes tonight, yet Thornton never looked as if he might be about to suffer a heart attack as McCleod did.

He was not great against Orient, but I don't think it was entirely down to fitness. Just not his day, the things he tried weren't coming off. He'd already been with us more than a week by then, played in a couple of games and plenty training. Surely the professional had adequate time to assess his fitness before giving him the full game against Orient? As I said it just doesn't seem to add up.

It's not an "excuse" for anything. It's a genuine and valid point on team selection.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There's no egg on my face. We were very lucky tonight, got the rub of the green and a victory we hardly deserved. A deflected shot, a wonder strike and an own goal are papering over the cracks. We were poor for most of the game. Luckily, Pearson was too shite a manager to nullify our threat. He'll be gone by Christmas.

There are massive issues that need sorting. Look at the perfomances of the likes of Whing, Cox and Richards of late. They were performing very well last season. Who in our squad has improved this season? We're not getting anywhere near the best out of squad that should be top six at least and it comes down to shite tactics and poor team selection.

EXACTLY what I think.

To be fair Saturday will PROVE whether the Midget is a TWAT or GENIUS.

Will he LEARN or will he be MYOPIC??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here