Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's an idea, Micky...

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Well Thornton certainly didn't look knackered after 45 minutes last night. He was still popping up all over the place.

The point is that McLeod didn't have to start. Johnson could have started on the left - he's played there for Leeds. Thornton could have started there, so could Cox. Livermore can also play on the left. We've been consistently choosing unfit players over fit ones all season and it's certainly cost us in the case of Hawkins. It just seems a bit bizarre that we keep repeating the same mistakes.

I can see where you're coming from on the Mcleod front, but Johnson proved central midfield is his best position, Livermore has already proved he's not a winger and Cox, well I asume you know how appalling his crossing is.

The bonus with Mcleod on the left is, while not performing well, he still gave us more natural width than the other options would've done. Perhaps Adams got that one wrong, but his decision on Thornton was spot on.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Whilst I would agree with the majority of this I think the case of Robbie Savage is what has frustrated me. Savage is clearly a decent player but has added very little in games I have seen him in.

Maybe he was just brought in to teach our semi-retards to enjoy the game, spend a bit of time on the ball and play short on-the-ground-passes. OK, you'd like to think that a professional footballer should have learnt that aged about three and a half, but our lot definitely forgot it somewhere along the way.

And this is a manager who once brought in Phil Stant for a month, lest we forget. Which can have been for absolutely no reason whatsoever than for the bloke to show a bit of character and help instill it in those around him.

So I think the Robbie Savage experiment paid off.

Tho the Phil Stant thing still looks a bit shit, has to be said

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here