Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's an idea, Micky...

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Thornton has one game left for us in the league, and he has done enough for me to earn a longer deal.

I dont think he will get one, as Micky says he is not fit enough to play. I wont understand that logic, but thats what he says.

If he doesnt want to use unfit players, the biggest arguement to that arguement is Colin Hawkins, who despite being so unbelievably unfit for 3 weeks after his operation was a guaranteed starter.

Virgo is the same, has to play at all costs. At Northampton Adams said Virgo was ill and shouldnt have played, yet still picked him

Forster was rushed back injury, playing when he was injured, and now is out for longer and needed an operation.

McLeod is unfit, looks unfit, and should be getting the same treatment as Thornton

Thornton has only played badly once for me, and that was Leeds away, yet is benched week in week out.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thornton has one game left for us in the league, and he has done enough for me to earn a longer deal.

I dont think he will get one, as Micky says he is not fit enough to play. I wont understand that logic, but thats what he says.

If he doesnt want to use unfit players, the biggest arguement to that arguement is Colin Hawkins, who despite being so unbelievably unfit for 3 weeks after his operation was a guaranteed starter.

Virgo is the same, has to play at all costs. At Northampton Adams said Virgo was ill and shouldnt have played, yet still picked him

Forster was rushed back injury, playing when he was injured, and now is out for longer and needed an operation.

McLeod is unfit, looks unfit, and should be getting the same treatment as Thornton

Thornton has only played badly once for me, and that was Leeds away, yet is benched week in week out.

This still PROVES Mickey is a TWAT frankly.

This still PROVES Mickey is a TWAT frankly.

Frankly-it proves nothing of the sort. What it does prove is that all of you keyboard managers know f*** all about a player's fitness and what keeps them from playing 90 minutes every game. Remember too that returning PERMANENT players should get preference over loanees when returning from injury or surgery-how else will THEY get fit? We're not here simply to get another team's players fit unless it is beneficial to The Albion.

I'll take The Albion management team's judgement over people on here who know f*** all about running a financially handcuffed football club.

Mr Blunt

Apr 21, 2008
Brighton
A deflected shot, a wonder strike and an own goal are papering over the cracks. . Luckily, Pearson was too shite a manager to nullify our threat. He'll be gone by Christmas.

A bit like finishing 7th last season then ...

He will not be gone before christmas they are 6th in the table and only lost 1 game against us away from home.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Frankly-it proves nothing of the sort. What it does prove is that all of you keyboard managers know f*** all about a player's fitness and what keeps them from playing 90 minutes every game. Remember too that returning PERMANENT players should get preference over loanees when returning from injury or surgery-how else will THEY get fit? We're not here simply to get another team's players fit unless it is beneficial to The Albion.

I'll take The Albion management team's judgement over people on here who know f*** all about running a financially handcuffed football club.

Exactly. :thumbsup:

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill

Whilst I would agree with the majority of this I think the case of Robbie Savage is what has frustrated me. Savage is clearly a decent player but has added very little in games I have seen him in. He is on loan and unfit yet has started every match, Thornton is on loan and looks a hell of a lot fitter, determined and skillfull than Robbie Savage and brings a lot more to our team yet has been on the bench?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Why don't you actually START with Thornton in a game, and then you can actually make a judgement on whether he is match-fit or not, you f***ing CRETIN.

In the one match he did start, he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile (yes, even better than Mints).

SAKE

:angry::angry:

How about just giving the manager some bloody credit for putting on a great sub that played a huge part of changing the game??

And judging by the time you posted, I suspect you didn't take your laptop to the game?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
How about just giving the manager some bloody credit for putting on a great sub that played a huge part of changing the game??

I think Thornton is a better player than someone who should be used when we are chasing a game. I will credit Adams for making the obvious change as he normally doesnt do that.
I have seen every game Thornton has played and thought he only played badly once. That was away at Leeds, but he still managed our only shot on target until Murray scored at the death.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If it was nil nil or one nil down....

Those changes would not have happened. Adams clearly wanted a draw. His hand was forced and it worked. He is NOT the tactical genius some are making out. The first 14 games have proved that.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
None of you know how fit Thornton is.

If you had actually SPOKEN to him then you will have realised it's not just Adams who thinks he isnt fit enough to start but also HIMSELF.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
None of you know how fit Thornton is.

If you had actually SPOKEN to him then you will have realised it's not just Adams who thinks he isnt fit enough to start but also HIMSELF.

Oh but they do though. I don't know how, but they seem to know? We have some great managers among us.

What I want to know is who is fitter to start, McCleod or Thornton? My money is on Thornton even though he is probably not 100% fit, he looks considerably more fit and effective than McCleod at the moment.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
What I want to know is who is fitter to start, McCleod or Thornton? My money is on Thornton even though he is probably not 100% fit, he looks considerably more fit and effective than McCleod at the moment.

Mcleod is marginally fitter, so you could have had the choice: Start Mcleod then bring him off for Thornton or; start Thornton then bring him off for Mcleod.

I think Micky got it RIGHT dont you?

When's the best time to play an impact player?

The first 45 minutes to get some goals, or the second half to play againgst tired legs?

In his last spell, Adams certainly used players like Booker, Hart, Steele and others for fast, impact play. Gary was certainly told run like a nutter for 70 mintes, tire out that defence, the same with Booker for 45 mins, then Steele would come on and do his bit.

Mcleod is marginally fitter, so you could have had the choice: Start Mcleod then bring him off for Thornton or; start Thornton then bring him off for Mcleod.

I think Micky got it RIGHT dont you?

No I don't think he got it right, I think McCleod is not as fit as Thornton is at the moment.

LC, on the basis that MA works with the players on their fitness I think he is possible better placed to make that call.

Well from my view of Thornton and McCleod over the past three games when both have played I would say Thornton seems the more effective and the more fit out of the two, but you have got a point as Adams does see them every day in training.
Adams has played players that are unfit though, he brought back Hawkins for the Scunthorpe game when he should have been having a hernia op!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He cant win can he. So you say he got it wrong, right? Does that mean we would have scored MORE then THREE goals if Thornton, who himself has admitted he is UNFIT, started ahead of Mcleod?

Well Thornton certainly didn't look knackered after 45 minutes last night. He was still popping up all over the place.

The point is that McLeod didn't have to start. Johnson could have started on the left - he's played there for Leeds. Thornton could have started there, so could Cox. Livermore can also play on the left. We've been consistently choosing unfit players over fit ones all season and it's certainly cost us in the case of Hawkins. It just seems a bit bizarre that we keep repeating the same mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here