Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like Truss has Patel Syndrome - resting smirk face. It's a funeral, love.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
But security costs aren't and they are very expensive. Quite easy to find out estimates, I don't need to do the job of google.

If you think the published figures cover the cost you are on another planet I'm afraid.

By all means support the institution (there isn't going to be an alternative in my lifetime) but please come up with something a bit better than their apparent value to the economy.

I don't expect the new King to interventionist, but I would hope he addresses the nation more times than the last monarch. Only happened 5 times in her reign, 3 of which were related to Royal Family issues.

Security costs would apply to a Presidential head of state. All cabinet ministers get a pension for life, including those in post for just a couple of months. As I said previously politicians cost us a lot more than than royalty.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I wonder what percentage of people there and in the country as a whole are religious?

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Not many, according to a recent study:

The 2022 Talking Jesus report (a partnership between Alpha, the Evangelical Alliance, HOPE Together, Luis Palau Association and Kingsgate Community Church) describes the current state of faith in the UK: 48% of the population described themselves as ‘Christian’ of which 6% described themselves as ‘practising Christians’

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not many, according to a recent study:

The 2022 Talking Jesus report (a partnership between Alpha, the Evangelical Alliance, HOPE Together, Luis Palau Association and Kingsgate Community Church) describes the current state of faith in the UK: 48% of the population described themselves as ‘Christian’ of which 6% described themselves as ‘practising Christians’
Blimey

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here