Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II Passes Away - 08/09/2022

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
No matter what your feelings about Monarchy are, surely this thread should be up top today? We'll never see the like of this Funeral again.

I am certain that when Charles goes (and that may be sooner rather than later) the USA will send the VP rather than the POTUS for example.

Agree. Really NSC should be closed today. Not just as a mark of respect, but to give the anti Royalists a day off from arguing the toss about everything.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Well I'll have the funeral on TV all day today. Remarkable comments, commentary, memories and recognition for a life well lived. On a lighter note, the quality of TV has risen so much higher over the last couple of weeks as the so called 'celebrity generation' have had no place in the proceedings. Nothing to say, so no reason to be there. I've learned a lot, enjoyed the clips from her life (and mine) and recalled many of her memorable moments, lived by me with my parents and family along the way. It's even reminded me of the Coronation photo of her on the wall at my parents new bungalow in the fifties. I don't think that made us Royalists as such but people weren't relentlessly categorised in those days. I'll miss her and her benign influence over us all whether it was well received or not by the beneficiaries. Millions obviously feel the same way. Thank you Ma'am and RIP.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Agree. Really NSC should be closed today. Not just as a mark of respect, but to give the anti Royalists a day off from arguing the toss about everything.

Here’s a thought;

Those interested in the funeral could log off and watch that.

Those not interested can just get on with their day.

Probably better than coming on here demanding we all pay respects whether we like it or not. This is Britain not North Korea.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Here’s a thought;

Probably better than coming on here demanding we all pay respects whether we like it or not. This is Britain not North Korea.

Someone's tired.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
People could show their respect by logging off NSC for the day and concentrating on the funeral :shrug:

I’m sure most of the population have looked at their phones today…FYI, service is at 11am.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Here’s a thought;

We’ve closed b4. And it wouldn’t be China or n.Korean to do so, jez…:ffsparr:

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Well I'll have the funeral on TV all day today. Remarkable comments, commentary, memories and recognition for a life well lived. On a lighter note, the quality of TV has risen so much higher over the last couple of weeks as the so called 'celebrity generation' have had no place in the proceedings. Nothing to say, so no reason to be there. I've learned a lot, enjoyed the clips from her life (and mine) and recalled many of her memorable moments, lived by me with my parents and family along the way. It's even reminded me of the Coronation photo of her on the wall at my parents new bungalow in the fifties. I don't think that made us Royalists as such but people weren't relentlessly categorised in those days. I'll miss her and her benign influence over us all whether it was well received or not by the beneficiaries. Millions obviously feel the same way. Thank you Ma'am and RIP.

Wonderful comment. A fine tribute.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Why don’t you log off and concentrate on the days’ events?

I’ve got some video tapes to return.

Layaz Playaz.

Morning exercise, will be sitting down from 10am as funeral not until 11. Which you know, surely :)

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Emmanuel Macròn and Joe Biden both there. Shows how huge the occasion is today.

I wish Huw Edwards would stop talking over everything. Please show a bit of respect. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here