Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henry you f***ing (unt!!!

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
I wonder if all those wanting France to go though will remember their wish if they knock England out.

to be honest you could easily have written:

"I wonder if all those wanting Ireland to go though will remember their wish if they knock England out?" [Hypothetical question now]

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
You haven't a f***ing clue. Half my family is Irish and they ALL like the English (they might not like the history but they've moved on). Where do you get the idea that a whole nation hates the English?

The Irish who live here certainly haven't moved on. All you hear is whining about events of 100s of years ago, pro IRA songs in Irish pubs and all sorts of things that no other nationality would be able to get away with.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Haven't seen it yet, maybe it was a shit decision but I doubt any of the Ireland players would have (no pun intended) held their hands up & admitted it to the ref under the same circumstances.

Wasn't an "owning up" incident. There was no accidental, oops it hit my hands type thing. He stuck his arm out and had 2 stabs at controlling it with his arm.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

H2O

Jul 27, 2004
Hove
Haven't seen it yet, maybe it was a shit decision but I doubt any of the Ireland players would have (no pun intended) held their hands up & admitted it to the ref under the same circumstances.

seriously you need to see it first it was a blatant hand to be ball shameful for henry

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

I doubt they would have done a lap of honour like Henry has done!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
to be honest you could easily have written:

"I wonder if all those wanting Ireland to go though will remember their wish if they knock England out?" [Hypothetical question now]

But which is more likely? As far as I'm concerned the weaker the teams that qualify the better.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Wasn't an "owning up" incident. There was no accidental, oops it hit my hands type thing. He stuck his arm out and had 2 stabs at controlling it with his arm.

and Anelka blatantly dived a minute before. Quite shocking.

turnstiler

Ex North Stand Turnstiler
Mar 6, 2009
Cologne, Germany
can't wait til france dick long ball england in world cup

:wrong:

...and to be debating why all of these 'England' fans are supporting Ireland...maybe we got the wrong end of the stick in the first place...

Oct 25, 2003
once more france have shown themselves to be an INFERIOR RACE to us

we CANTERED through our group stage, while they stuttered through theirs and had to resort to blatent cheating (anelka attempted to con the ref minutes before) to qualify

france are shit and will do f*** all at the world cup

INFERIOR

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
If it was England needing the result, then you would not be complaining

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If it was England needing the result, then you would not be complaining

I would be, I hate it. This was more shocking than most, a deliberate handball to keep the ball in play.

It's really one of those situations where something should be done retrospectively, even if that means Henry missing the first three games of the World Cup if he's in the squad.

I can't wait to see them knocked out.

Padders

Jul 5, 2003
Cheadle Hulme
The biggest loser today is football! Which is a suprise as the french are normally a sure thing.

I don't understand this thread at all.

Defending is about cheating (shirt pulling, obstruction, fouling)
Attacking is about cheating (shirt pulling, backing in, fouling, diving)

Hand ball is just another way of cheating, no better, no worse than any other foul.

All foul play is cheating.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Why not blame Liam Lawrence for missing a SITTER in the first leg.

Any player would do it if there was a chance to get away with it. It's no worse than diving to win a penalty

Yes it's cheating, but do you expect him to tell the ref he handled it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here