Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo quote from PNE site...

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
Kinky Gerbils said:
Fair do's, on that we agree.

Im just put out by the fact people seem to think 150k for an international is good work.

'International' in football encompasses an enormous range of abilities. There's a bus driver in Andorra who's an international but he's not very good!

OK so he's vying with Kenny to be Irelands number two but with what they have to choose from that's not very difficult and as someone said earlier he's miles from Shay Given's standard.

If he was really going to be very good Villa would not have let him go so cheaply. I just can't see him being any better than League One standard, but well done him if he proves otherwise.

I was perfectly happy with Hendo or FDM as our keeper and the abuse dished out to Hendo at Bournemouth was utterly shameful. However that's not a reason to put in a transfer request and nor is being dropped for a few mistakes. It happens to most players at all clubs. Sooner or later the replacement will have his dodgy moments and if you've shown the right attitude you'll be back in the first team.

In my opinion it's an excellent deal. Thank's for the good moments, Wayne, but I don't like your attitude.

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
From what I understand Michel wants to end his career at the Albion. He's settled in HH, has one child in school and likes the area.
He may or may not be best mates with the Bloom's, but as they probably put the money up for Hendo it's unlikely that they would stabbed him in the back.
Hendo is technically the better keeper HOWEVER he doesn't have the confidence and presence of FDM. He will do as he matures (goalkeepers reach their peak late 20's/early 30's) but at the moment he doesn't and when you're in a dogfight that's not good, that's why he was dropped. He is an international goalkeeper and to continue to be an international goalkeeper you need to play, being dropped is a disaster. He needs to play in a team that isn't under a lot of pressure, so he can get his confidence and work on his game. That isn't going to happen at the Albion at the moment.

Personally this FDM fans V Hendo fans bun fight is complete crap and quite frankly embarrassing. I l rate both goal keepers, and I cringe when I read some of the posts, Christ knows what a visiting fan must think ....:nono:

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Ozymandias said:
. . . . . . . . . Personally this FDM fans V Hendo fans bun fight is complete crap and quite frankly embarrassing. I l rate both goal keepers, and I cringe when I read some of the posts. . . . . . . .

What he said.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here