i want people to play for BRIGHTON cos they want to play for BRIGHTON
not play for BRIGHTON cos they want to enhance their INTERNATIONAL career

EXACTLY

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Commander said:
Utter bollocks. The situation is very simple: Hendo is a slightly better keeper than Kuipers, with more potential as he is younger. He wanted first team football regardless of form. He went through a dodgy spell of form so Wilkins dropped him (like all managers do when players are not performing). Instead of fighting for the shirt back he threw his toys out the pram and asked to leave. So we sold him.

End of.

That's about it!

Shame, but if he wants to move on after his "mistakes" and the abuse he recieved from certain sections of the Fans then good luck to him - before i get abuse..........those fans pay their money and are entitled to voice their opinion! But he was never going to recover and take over from The fans favorite............only hope FDM stays fit and plays well because although he is a good goalie he is not as good as some would make out!!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
VERY, VERY average keeper.

Couldn't catch a cold in a thunder storm, no confidence in one-on-ones with strikers, not big enough, and quite frankly not GOOD enough for anyone to be moaning about him going.

Whining bastard too, seemed to think he had the right to be first choice - arrogant tosser.

Good riddance.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
chez said:
It's obvious what was meant. Some very vocal fans didnt want him in the team coz they love Kipper. Wendy didnt want to upset these fans so dropped him. Quite simple really and very sad at the same time. A very weak manager IMO.

Have you got SHARES in Henderson or something? ???

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Can't say I ever saw anything from Henderson that would suggest he would be a great keeper.
Not a bad one, and league one was probably about the right level for him.
Maybe he relies too much on confidence and people bigging him up, but we need the £150K-£200K more than we need him.
:wave:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Originally posted by ali jenkins
More money- Fair enough
Proper Ground- as if hes going to play more than 3 games there
Championship Team- Preston Reserves are NOT a championship team
Possible Promotion- If he was villa's 3rd choice, i doubt he'll play more than a 'bit part' in the prem, even with preston
International Career- not sure how a championship reserves is better than short time on the bench at Brighton
Bigger Crowds- Again, not in the reserves!

Same things where being said about Ckr.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Re: Re: Re: Re: Hendo quote from PNE site...

Scotty Mac said:
possibly because if he was seen as the man who was responsible for seeing kuipers leave the club at the end of the season, he would become even more hated?

Hated? I don't believe anyone actually hates Henderson, there is just a difference of opinion among the fans as to his abilities between the sticks.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Yorkie said:
Henderson 1.36 a game

Kuipers 1.364 a game

There you go. 4 thousanths of a goal per game (0.0095 goals a season) or £150,00? No contest really.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Two choices:

1) Hendo + Kuipers
2) Kuipers + Blayney + 150k

Option 2 surely. It's a great deal. Who cares why he's gone.....

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Commander said:
There you go. 4 thousanths of a goal per game (0.0095 goals a season) or £150,00? No contest really.

I thought that when I read it too.

Couple this with the points per game ration of the two keepers:

Hendo 21 points in 20 games (1.05)

Kuipers 14 points in 9 games (1.55)

across the whole season, one is relegation form and the other is mid table comfort.

Not a tough choice when 150k is added to the pot too.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Easy 10 said:
Aw come on Yorkie.
"they knew the situation I was going through at Brighton and the fact that the reasons I was out of the team had nothing to do with football."

There speaks a man who is not facing up to the fact that his performances had not been up to scratch for a while. The reasons he was out of the team had EVERYTHING to do with football.

Its you who seems to be playing his game and concocting various conspiracy theories as to why he was being left out, when anyone who'd seen his final half-dozen or so performances could see he'd not been at the top of his game. He was by no means the only player who's been off-form, but then he's by no means the only player who's lost his place in the team as a result of that.

Every other player at the club seem to be able to handle being dropped, and do their utmost to work their way back into the team. But because Hendo is an "International", he seems to be under the impression that he's now above that kind of thing. Heaven forbid his International career could suffer for him being dropped - well sorry fella, thats the nature of the business, I don't care WHAT level you're playing at. You don't perform, you lose your place, and thats the same whatever club you flounce off to. DEAL with it.

Agree with all of that.

If that's Hendo attitude, then I'm afraid he will never fulfill the potential he undoubtedly has. To do that he needs to be aware of his failings, his weaknesses, and look to work and improve on them. But by saying it's not worked out here because of things "nothing to do with football" suggests he doesn't even realise he has failings.

He may think he's the finished article but he's not, and unless he appreciates what it takes to get to the top then he simply won't. He may well be the second best keeper in southern Ireland behind Shay Given, but it's a long way behind at the moment, and will stay that way unless he gets the work ethic that Given has shown over the years. He's not always been first choice, but he's worked at his game and got better and better.

It'll be a shame if Hendo does a Leon Knight and bounces around at clubs he thinks he's too good for, and sulks whenever he's not 1st choice, but at the moment he's showing signs of it.

Shame because he's young and has potential, and that seemed the ideal compliment to Kuipers who is proven, but age could start to catch up on him before too long.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ROSM said:
I thought that when I read it too.

Couple this with the points per game ration of the two keepers:

Hendo 21 points in 20 games (1.05)

Kuipers 14 points in 9 games (1.55)

across the whole season, one is relegation form and the other is mid table comfort.

Not a tough choice when 150k is added to the pot too.

Would that not depend on who was in goal when the team played certain other teams?

Crewe away would be a tougher game then Crewe at home for example.Also injurys to players, Can a keeper be blamed if a key player is out?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Kinky Gerbils said:
Would that not depend on who was in goal when the team played certain other teams?

Crewe away would be a tougher game then Crewe at home for example.Also injurys to players, Can a keeper be blamed if a key player is out?

indeed it does - I have done no weighting on those stats. I'm just trying to prove that you can make stats do anything you want and that tosh of .004 goals per game being an issue was the line I was challenging.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ROSM said:
indeed it does - I have done no weighting on those stats. I'm just trying to prove that you can make stats do anything you want and that tosh of .004 goals per game being an issue was the line I was challenging.

Fair do's, on that we agree.

Im just put out by the fact people seem to think 150k for an international is good work.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Maybe his other reasons are that, being Irish and, therefore, probably Catholic, he has had to make a moral decision based on consicience that he can't work in a town where some of its inhabitants are homosexual.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Il Duce said:
Maybe his other reasons are that, being Irish and, therefore, probably Catholic, he has had to make a moral decision based on consicience that he can't work in a town where some of its inhabitants are homosexual.

Hmm, that would appear unlikely. Maybe that is the "non-footballing reason" for which he was dropped.

Nah, I'd still go with the view that he was dropped because he wasn't playing well enough, and left as an entry to "Flounce of the Year 2007".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here