Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hendo quote from PNE site...

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
sir danny cullip said:
And him falling over when in control of a FOOTBALL and directly costing us three points as well as him being hesitant coming off his line to catch a FOOTBALL on numerous occasions as well as him not being able to instruct his defence enough to let them know what to do with a FOOTBALL.

You could quite easily be describing Kuipers there ...

A really shite time to lose our keeper, sadly.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Complete bollox.

Dropped for playing badly - that's what happens when you're a pro you know - and throws his toys out again.

Shame cos I think he's a good keeper, but if he wants out it's :wave:

Blatently obvious though. Same old Brighton bowing to fan pressure. McGhee & now Henderson. DK and DW should stop listening to these fans that know f*** all about football. Perhaps then we would keep some of our good players/managers.

chez said:
It's obvious what was meant. Some very vocal fans didnt want him in the team coz they love Kipper. Wendy didnt want to upset these fans so dropped him. Quite simple really and very sad at the same time. A very weak manager IMO.

Don't be such a sap. As if the manager is gonna judge his players by the reactions of fans. Hendo hadn't deserved the No 1 shirt for a long time. The fact he couldn't handle the competition shows alot about him as a man. f***ing cry baby.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Les Biehn said:
Absolute rubbish he was booed, dropped and sold because he didn't look as good in the pink kit as Kuipers. Dick and Wilkins knew how important this was to the large homosexual (and probably straight) fanbase (who do make up the majority in brighton). He knew this and in self disgust spat his dummy out.

probably more accurate than some of the fanatical pro hendo comments on here today :lolol:

bhafan

Aug 1, 2003
Burgess Hill
Never saw the stats to etablish who was best between Hendo and FDM but I reckon Michel keeps more clean sheets. What we gained in Hendos distribution and kicking ability we lost in his inability to deal effectively with set plays and command the defense.

Hope Michel stays fit for the rest of the season!

chez said:
Blatently obvious though. Same old Brighton bowing to fan pressure. McGhee & now Henderson. DK and DW should stop listening to these fans that know f*** all about football. Perhaps then we would keep some of our good players/managers.

DK kept McGoo there longer than most fans wanted. It was pressure from the Blooms that saw him dumped.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
bhafan said:
Never saw the stats to etablish who was best between Hendo and FDM but I reckon Michel keeps more clean sheets. What we gained in Hendos distribution and kicking ability we lost in his inability to deal effectively with set plays and command the defense.

Hope Michel stays fit for the rest of the season!

a couple of years ago when Kuipers was no 1 keeper and we were in the championship, Opta stats reckoned he had a 65% success rate for one on ones. Add that to his repetoire

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
*Breaking news*

It has been revealled that Wayne Henderson left the albion today because of manager Dean Wilkins. It appears Wilkins was playing Hendo off against rival goalkeeper Michel Kuipers. Unable to decide which keeper had the best ball handling skills Dean 'the Queen' Wilkins made promises to both men in exchange for sexual favours. Henderson found Wilkins deft touch around the 'centre circle' had not deserted him and could still maintain his rythem at the highest level. However things became strained when he noticed some over zealous horse play during training between Wilkins and his handsome Dutch chef only to find them heavy petting later under the bleachers of the south stand. Hendo saw his only course of action as a massive flounce to the north where he would have the opportunity to get over what happened and play the field himself, saying

"I've backed so highly by Steve Staunton and Alan Kelly; they've shown tremendous support because they knew the situation I was going through at Brighton and the fact that the reasons I was out of the team had nothing to do with football and it was a great boost to have people in such high positions backing me all the way and now Paul has come in and taken me away from that and I want to get in with the lads and show what I can do."

Last edited:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
chez said:

Utter bollocks. The situation is very simple: Hendo is a slightly better keeper than Kuipers, with more potential as he is younger. He wanted first team football regardless of form. He went through a dodgy spell of form so Wilkins dropped him (like all managers do when players are not performing). Instead of fighting for the shirt back he threw his toys out the pram and asked to leave. So we sold him.

End of.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i dont think there is a lot between kuipers and henderson, but we have kept 2 clean sheets in the last 2 league games with kuipers inbetween the sticks. and no clean sheets for a long time with henderson.

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
Nothing to do with football? What is going on?

What he is referring to is the fact that he was dropped in order to put Kuipers in the 'shop window'. The idea was to sell Michel and to bring Blaney in to compete with Henderson. (Before you ask, "Source?" - HP please.)

What has happened is that Brighton's number one goalkeeper has been sold, and it is now highly unlikely that we will get any money for the Dutchman before he becomes a free agent when his contract ends. Once again Kuipers laughs all the way to the bank.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Re: Re: Hendo quote from PNE site...

nobody's dupe said:
What he is referring to is the fact that he was dropped in order to put Kuipers in the 'shop window'. The idea was to sell Michel and to bring Blaney in to compete with Henderson. (Before you ask, "Source?" - HP please.)

What has happened is that Brighton's number one goalkeeper has been sold, and it is now highly unlikely that we will get any money for the Dutchman before he becomes a free agent when his contract ends. Once again Kuipers laughs all the way to the bank.

Not doubting you as you have been right before but...........

.............if he knew that was the case, why leave and have his agent briefing naylor about his displeasure??

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Jam The Man said:
Hendo scandal from PNE site...

Quote from :

http://www.pnefc.premiumtv.co.uk
(goalkeepers union bit)

"I've backed so highly by Steve Staunton and Alan Kelly; they've shown tremendous support because they knew the situation I was going through at Brighton and the fact that the reasons I was out of the team had nothing to do with football and it was a great boost to have people in such high positions backing me all the way and now Paul has come in and taken me away from that and I want to get in with the lads and show what I can do."

Nothing to do with football? What in the blue HELL is going on?

Is he telling porkies, to sell himself to the PNE fans or has something happened we dont know about?

Sad to see him go.. personally i thought there was little to choose between him & Kuipers.
WELL SAID HENDO,GOOD LUCK,SOME FANS OF OURS DONT DESERVE KEEPERS LIKE YOU

Why did Henderson really go?

This was taken from the PNE website under the "Goalkeepers Union" article.

"I've been backed so highly by Steve Staunton and Alan Kelly; they've shown tremendous support because they knew the situation I was going through at Brighton and the fact that the reasons I was out of the team had nothing to do with football and it was a great boost to have people in such high positions backing me all the way and now Paul has come in and taken me away from that and I want to get in with the lads and show what I can do."

He is saying the reasons he was out of the team were not footballing ones.
Anyone got any ideas?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** SAKE there is some bollocks on here.

Hendo is a decent enough lower-division keeper, much like Kuipers. Not much to choose between them. However, as Hendo is an International, he clearly feels he is "above" being dropped by a 3rd division team when he's been dodgy.

Sorry Hendo, but thats football. If you're going to spit your dummy out every time you lose your place in the 1st team, you'll have more clubs than a deck of cards before you're 30. Dickhead.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i just hope he goes onto play in the premiership next season - which with preston is a likely possibility. can't understand why kuipers has not played at that level though....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here