Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Henderson to Preston

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
clapham_gull said:

Well that link doesn't work - but there's something on brightonfans.com where Henderson's quoting non-footballing reasons for his wanting to leave ???

Quote from :

http://www.pnefc.premiumtv.co.uk
(goalkeepers union bit)

"I've backed so highly by Steve Staunton and Alan Kelly; they've shown tremendous support because they knew the situation I was going through at Brighton and the fact that the reasons I was out of the team had nothing to do with football and it was a great boost to have people in such high positions backing me all the way and now Paul has come in and taken me away from that and I want to get in with the lads and show what I can do."

Last edited:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Tom Hark said:
Well that link doesn't work - but there's something on brightonfans.com where Henderson's quoting non-footballing reasons for his wanting to leave ???

works for me - but you get the idea from the post on B'fans

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Withdean Wanderer said:
Oh well, probably a good deal for us. A nice profit, good for him.

No back up keeper though
Don't Worry:drink: It's all in hand, there's a replacement on his way;)

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
He's only been out of the team a week. :shrug:

Making excuses for himself.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
think it will be Blaney no club, back down south, no fee, involved it all adds up

Col P

Feb 13, 2006
cardboard said:
Good luck Wayne

Thankyou

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

agree thanks wayne good luck for the future sorry it did not work out for you here..............hope you like whippets

sir danny cullip

Feb 14, 2004
Burgess Hill
Absolutely brilliant deal. The ideal situation. Always said out of the two although chel is the better keeper I would still have preferred Henderson to leave purely because he would (as has been proven) command a higher transfer fee and we need all the money we can get at the moment.

Sullivan and Martin will be great competition for number 2 as well as any new keepers that come in, absolutely delighted. Thanks for the good times Wayne but unfortunately you have cost us too many vital points this season :wave:

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
good news for the young lads sullivan and martin cant wait for them to be pushing kuipers

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Bloody Good

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Good business alround - another £100K for that black hole

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
i think its a real shame that we've lost another talented player for a bargain fee.

lets hope kuipers doesn't get injured or we'll be in deep shit.

Rookie said:
good price but we would have been better off keeping him, but the fans made sure he didn't want to be here

Of what I have seen so far in the media as to the reasons why Henderson has left, it doesn't once mention he has left because of the fans. It seems he didn't like being dropped when he made mistakes.
Let's be honest here Henderson should be pissing this division if he is supposed to be 2nd or 3rd choice ROI goalkeeper. Remember we are in the old 3rd division! Can anyone say that Wayne Henderson has been outstanding this season? Because he should be in this division.

Dawsey

Apr 25, 2004
Brighton
So what happens if Kuipers breaks his leg tomorrow morning? Martin is out on a season long loan, so we'd be left with Sullivan in goal with Winterton as back up.

To all of the boo boys that have forced him out, congratulations. Well. f***ing. Done.

Dawsey said:
So what happens if Kuipers breaks his leg tomorrow morning? Martin is out on a season long loan, so we'd be left with Sullivan in goal with Winterton as back up.

To all of the boo boys that have forced him out, congratulations. Well. f***ing. Done.

Where is the proof that the boo boys forced him out?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here